ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Timeline for document return? Permanent residence / EU3

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sawcebox
Newly Registered

Timeline for document return? Permanent residence / EU3

Post by sawcebox » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:15 am

Hi all,

Wondering if I should follow up with the INIS, as they have had my passport and my husband's national ID card for a month.

I sent in form EU3 (permanent residence card) and the documents on October 30th and the Track and Trace confirmed arrival on October 31st. It states on the application that documents will be returned by registered post, but I've heard nothing at all from the INIS itself. When I applied for my 5-year residence card (EU1) in 2007 the documents were returned in two weeks.

I'm getting a bit worried. We have plans to spend Christmas with my husband's family (in an EU country). His father's not well this year, so not getting our documents back in time will probably mean I'll send him to his parents (he can still travel as he has his passport) and I'll spend Christmas alone in Ireland. :( Not a life-changing situation, but one I'd rather avoid if possible.

Has anyone else applied for EU3 recently? How long did it take to get your documents back? Did you get any confirmation from them that they'd received your application?

I'd appreciate any advice or information!

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:39 am

i heard that it currently takes around a month to get the docs back due to huge backlogs and lack of staff.

sawcebox
Newly Registered

Post by sawcebox » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:19 pm

agniukas wrote:i heard that it currently takes around a month to get the docs back due to huge backlogs and lack of staff.
Thanks agnikas! That's quite reassuring to hear. I'll wait a little while longer before worrying :)

sawcebox
Newly Registered

Post by sawcebox » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:09 pm

Just wanted to post an update. I got everything back today, including approval for permanent residency. The timeline was five weeks. Thanks for the help!