ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Visa holder getting married in home country

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

legorn
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Visa holder getting married in home country

Post by legorn » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:42 am

Hello all,

I am getting married this month in my home country. I have a few questions about this for which I have not found a concrete response at the UKBA website. Could you please help me with this if you know the answer?

1) Before my future wife applies for a dependant visa, should I notify UKBA about my new civil status? If so, how should I do so?

2) Can my wife use my bank account statements as evidence of maintenance funds?

3) Should she apply for her visa in my home country?

Thanks in advance

madhumesh
India

Re: Tier 1 Visa holder getting married in home country

Post by madhumesh » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:04 pm

legorn wrote:Hello all,

I am getting married this month in my home country. I have a few questions about this for which I have not found a concrete response at the UKBA website. Could you please help me with this if you know the answer?

1) Before my future wife applies for a dependant visa, should I notify UKBA about my new civil status? If so, how should I do so?

You can inform UKBA of your change in marital status look at this

2) Can my wife use my bank account statements as evidence of maintenance funds?

Yes

3) Should she apply for her visa in my home country?

Yes

Thanks in advance

legorn
Newly Registered

Post by legorn » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:17 pm

Thanks Madhumesh...

Regarding 1), am I required to do it before my wife submits her application?

Thanks

madhumesh
India

Post by madhumesh » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:23 am

You submit your details when your circumstances changes, there is no mandatory timescale prescribed by ukba for informing marital status change.

Mayurc

Post by Mayurc » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:20 pm

You do not need to contact UKBA for your marital status changed. As whenever you will file your spouse application, you have to prove your marriage with court marriage certificate, marriage photos or may be you can change the passport for her.