ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA permit Afghan wife and Ukrainen father (Afghan origin)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Watandar
Netherlands

EEA permit Afghan wife and Ukrainen father (Afghan origin)

Post by Watandar » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:01 pm

Dear Members,

I am Dutch national (Afghan oirgin) and I have an Afghan fiancee and we will marry in March/April In sha Allah. I live and work in the UK for almost 6 months now and I want to apply for an EEA family permit for my wife and for my father (due his poor health condition)

I have read many topics and it is quite clear to me how the application process goes if I want to apply for an EEA permit for my fiancee). I do have some quiestion about the supporting documents needed to apply for an EEA permit for my father: I have read the topic EEA FAQs - Common Questions - Read before posting. But I will have some questions.

- My father is an Ukrainen national. Will this cause any problems if I want to apply for an EEA family permit?

-Proof of relationship: are pictures and declaration from my and my father that he is my father enough (and if required they can take an DNA sample)?

- Are there age restrictions if one want to apply for an EEA permit for his parents (do parents have to be 60+ years old or 65 years old etc etc)

- Do parents have to do/pass an English language test as well?

- Due his poor health condition I want him to join me in UK. He is not financiale dependent on me but due his poor health condition he can work less and less and eventually he will need our (financial) support. Is that a good ground to join me or will his application be denied?

I hope members can help me with my quistions.

Regards,

fysicus
Netherlands

Re: EEA permit Afghan wife and Ukrainen father (Afghan origi

Post by fysicus » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:27 am

Watandar wrote:I am Dutch national (Afghan oirgin) and I have an Afghan fiancee and we will marry in March/April In sha Allah. I live and work in the UK for almost 6 months now and I want to apply for an EEA family permit for my wife and for my father (due his poor health condition)

I have read many topics and it is quite clear to me how the application process goes if I want to apply for an EEA permit for my fiancee). I do have some quiestion about the supporting documents needed to apply for an EEA permit for my father: I have read the topic EEA FAQs - Common Questions - Read before posting. But I will have some questions.
Watandar wrote: - My father is an Ukrainen national. Will this cause any problems if I want to apply for an EEA family permit?
No
Watandar wrote: -Proof of relationship: are pictures and declaration from my and my father that he is my father enough (and if required they can take an DNA sample)?
Normally the parent-child relation is proven by a birth certificate (yours in this case). Do you have one, and in which country where you born?
I don't know what other proof is accepted if a birth certificate is missing, but only a declaration from the persons involved is unlikely to be enough.
Watandar wrote: - Are there age restrictions if one want to apply for an EEA permit for his parents (do parents have to be 60+ years old or 65 years old etc etc)
No
Watandar wrote: - Do parents have to do/pass an English language test as well?
No
Watandar wrote: - Due his poor health condition I want him to join me in UK. He is not financiale dependent on me but due his poor health condition he can work less and less and eventually he will need our (financial) support. Is that a good ground to join me or will his application be denied?
The criterion is current financial dependency, so this application at first sight does look rather unlikely to succeed.

Watandar
Netherlands

Post by Watandar » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:57 pm

@fysicus thank you for your replay.

I was born in Afghanistan in the 80's but moved to the Netherlands as a teenager. I do not have my Afghan birthcertificate. I have very little documentation from my childhood (0 to 11 years). I only have 3 pictures of our family. But I do have more pictures from my teenage periode till now. I will call UKBA and ask what other documentation I need to provide to proof father is father.