ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can wife obtain ILR when neither of us are currently working

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

3point14
Newly Registered

Can wife obtain ILR when neither of us are currently working

Post by 3point14 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:33 pm

My wife has a settlement visa based upon marriage and should now be applying for ILR as she has been here 2 years. However, I have been out of work for nearly a year and claiming JSA, Housing Benefit, Council Tax Benefit and Child Tax Credits. My wife does not work. We have one child, a UK national from birth, as am I.

I am not worried about a breach of "recourse to public funds" but rather on whether she will be able to obtain ILR without an income.

When work is available I earn good money and have used savings to assist over the last year or so but these savings are nearly drained and I really don't want to waste £1000 or so on an application if I know it will fail. However, I'd like to put the application in now and get it over with so to speak but I would like some guidance on how my lack of work and income will affect the application.

3point14
Newly Registered

Post by 3point14 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:56 am

Any help much appreciated

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:25 pm

How are you going to show you are able to support yourselves financially?