ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Renewing Tier 1 (General) - Couple of questions

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pred02

Renewing Tier 1 (General) - Couple of questions

Post by pred02 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:57 pm

Hi,
I'm filling out my Tier 1 application for General extension and have a couple of questions. My visa expires 15 Jan 2013 and I am going for a PEO appointment on 07 Jan 2013.

D8 - I took a Delta flight from Boston to London (via New York) except the e-mail address I used for the electronic ticket I've shut down some time ago. How do I retrieve the ticket or reference number?

H4 - As this is an extension, do I need to provide evidence of education? If so does it have to be the same as in original application (e.g. original degree) or can I use a different document (certifying letter)

J2- To be in the range of dates requested above, I am claiming earnings for period - Nov 1, 2011 and Oct 30, 2012. Is this right?

L1 - UK experience. Is this based on the original application (where I claimed under study) or the current (where I can claim 5 points for working in the UK)?

M2 - If I am going to have the PEO on Jan 7th, what 3 month (91 day) period can I be looking at (the latest) to ensure this meets the requirements? If I need to get bank statements to cover a period lets say to Jan 3 - it will take time to get them in time. Can I claim an earlier period (e.g. Sept 1 to Dec 1, 2012)?

Many thanks for your help.

Kind regards

tier1_aspirant123

Post by tier1_aspirant123 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:00 am

D8: Are you sure you need to answer D8? As you will go to D8 only if you answer yes to D5.

H4: if you use same qualification that you used for getting your current Tier 1 visa then you do not need to submit original certification again. Photocopy will be more than enough. as you have PEO you can keep original handy just in case.

J2: yes that is fine as it falls withing 15 months period

L1 is about english language. If you are talking about K1 then its current earnings period

M2: I think Maintenance fund letter is valid for 30 days so it should be at least till 16 Dec. but i suggest wait or others to confirm. You can visit and check with your bank and generate statement for desired time period.
Tier1 Aspirant

pred02

Post by pred02 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:45 pm

D8: Are you sure you need to answer D8? As you will go to D8 only if you answer yes to D5.
You are absolutely right - that's an oversight on my behalf.
H4: if you use same qualification that you used for getting your current Tier 1 visa then you do not need to submit original certification again. Photocopy will be more than enough. as you have PEO you can keep original handy just in case.
The original letter is sitting in the US. I am in the UK and have the certifying letter. In the original application I sent in the originals.
M2: I think Maintenance fund letter is valid for 30 days so it should be at least till 16 Dec. but i suggest wait or others to confirm. You can visit and check with your bank and generate statement for desired time period.
So if I show the bank statements for a 91 day period between September 16, 2012 and December 16, 2012 I should be all right?

A couple of more quick questions.

1. P46 (Section 5) - what date should I put for the application. Should this be the date when I have the PEO interview, or can this be earlier?

Statements - to indicate where the deposit is made is it all right that I highlight the transaction (or use a sticky to indicate) where the deposit has been made?

In the original application I've also created cover letters for each section explaining what is. The original application I've sent through by post, I am wondering if it is worth doing this if in person for the PEO?

many thanks!