ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling with 1 month to expiry

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vik197
Newly Registered

Travelling with 1 month to expiry

Post by vik197 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:16 pm

Hi Everyone,
I am in UK on Tier 1 general visa that expires on 13th Feb 2013. I need to travel to India in January for my sister’s wedding. I am returning to UK on 12th January 2013. On returning I immediately going to apply for visa extension. Can there be issues with this schedule such that immigration control in UK won’t allow me entry on 12th January.

Please advice or share experiences in similar situations.

KayBernsL
Newly Registered

Post by KayBernsL » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:19 am

Hi there,
Due to personal experience, As long as its a Tier 1 visa you have, there is no problem. However, if you are employed by any company then it would be advisable to have a letter from them on you, confirming your holiday booking and return to work date, plus any proof of plans to renewal on return. Also, something to take care of is your not being in contravention of your visa like --- -- eg , public funds use etc. these guys are now so nosey. They will kickoff on the smallest of issues.
GoodLuck and happy Function.

jagacharaja

Post by jagacharaja » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:56 pm

Take as much proof with you as possible to convince them that you are aware of the rules and are prepared to apply for an extension right away.

For what it's worth - I have been allowed re-entry a month before my T1G expiry - no questions asked - at LHR.

vik197
Newly Registered

Post by vik197 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:32 pm

Thanks Guys.