ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW to Tier 2 salary and SOC code issue

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

surajchain
Newly Registered

PSW to Tier 2 salary and SOC code issue

Post by surajchain » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:52 pm

Hi,

Current visa - PSW valid till mid November 2013

I am Working with an IT company since Jan 2012 (11 months now) and planning to switch to Tier 2 General as my company is ready to sponsor me, but my issue is as below -

My current position is Project Manager and salary that I earn is £37,000 per annum gross.

I went thru all the SOC codes and the one that matches my job profile has a minumum salary requirement of £39,000.

My question is -

Let us suppose that in March or April 2013 my company increases my salary to £39,000, then can I immediately apply for Tier 2 General or do I need to wait and show 6 months payslips with the new salary that I am getting? How does it work. Do they just see the revised salary letter or I have to show that I am receiving this revised salary for a certain time via payslips or bank statement?

Your advice is highly appreciated

Many thanks
Suraj

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:27 am

In the CoS the sponsor will state your salary as a T2G migrant and you will confirm the same salary in your application. Your salary while on the PSW visa is not relevant.

Remember, however, that the min. annual salaries stated for a SOC code are for a 37½ week and for other work patterns they need to be pro-rated. The sponsor must state the weekly hours of work in the CoS.

surajchain
Newly Registered

thanks

Post by surajchain » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:35 am

Thanks for your advice it is clear now

Regards,
Suraj