ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does sponsorship licence automatically issues CoS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abj
Newly Registered

Does sponsorship licence automatically issues CoS

Post by abj » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:53 pm

Hi
My sponsor applied for licence in june, i saw online ,they just got the licence.
I am waiting for their revert to me,but if i can ask, does a COS is givon automatically with licence ?
Also can i check if a CoS is assigned to me ?
Do my sponsor need to rego for RMLT?

sha23

Re: Does sponsorship licence automatically issues CoS

Post by sha23 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:00 pm

abj wrote:Hi
My sponsor applied for licence in june, i saw online ,they just got the licence.
I am waiting for their revert to me,but if i can ask, does a COS is givon automatically with licence ?
Also can i check if a CoS is assigned to me ?
Do my sponsor need to rego for RMLT?
Is your Job position restricted or Unrestricted? If its Tier-2 General, then, your sponsor needs to apply for Cos for you before 5th of each month so that it can be taken for consideration in the panel of that month.
In restricted positions, RMLT would need to be done.

If its case of Tier-2 ICT, it has an unrestricted cos, assigned to Your sponsor, since at the time of application, minimum one would have been asked for. So he can just fill in your details, other required details and send it for you to apply for visa.

abj
Newly Registered

Post by abj » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:08 pm

If it is Tier 2 general, then is it always restricted COS?
Also i think they must have done RMLT in june, will they need to redo? As it is approx 6 months.

abj
Newly Registered

Post by abj » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:43 pm

If it is Tier 2 general, then is it always restricted COS?
Also i think they must have done RMLT in june, will they need to redo? As it is approx 6 months.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Does sponsorship licence automatically issues CoS

Post by manci » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:18 pm

abj wrote:Hi

I am waiting for their revert to me,but if i can ask, does a COS is givon automatically with licence ? not unless they asked for one (or more) CoS allocations at the time they applied for the licence

Also can i check if a CoS is assigned to me ? no, because you don't have access to the SMS

Do my sponsor need to rego for RMLT? "rego"? RLMT is needed unless an exemption applies. An RLMT is valid for 6 months which means that the CoS must be assigned within 6 months of the date the vacancy is first advertised.

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Post by hashmil » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:52 pm

abj wrote:If it is Tier 2 general, then is it always restricted COS?
also, if you are switching from tier 1 - PSW you'd need unrestricted.

abj
Newly Registered

Post by abj » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:23 am

hi friends
Thanks for the help yet,
how long does it take for issuing a CoS if the company has recently got a License??
I need a fresh Tier 2 General.

thanks
abj

Ann22

Post by Ann22 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:47 pm

Hi guys,
I have a similaar question.
Is it right, that if you a switching from other immigration category here it will be unrestricted?
I think we've done something wrong and tthere is no allocations at all on our SMS....