ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 - NO COA

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

DesP
Newly Registered

EEA2 - NO COA

Post by DesP » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:28 pm

Hi everyone, I really hope someone can give me advice on how to pursue my case further.
I sent my EEA2 application off 30 Apr 2012, was received in Liverpool on 1 May 2012... I have still not received my COA and for the last 7 months have been calling them to follow up on it and initially they told me to check in 6months, then that people applying for EEA2 visas no longer get issued COA. The European helpdesk has set up an Internal investigation and I have sent numerous of complaint emails as advised by the helpdesk yet no response.
I was told 2 weeks ago that my application has not been reviewed therefore I have not received my COA - reading through the forum I noticed many EEA2 applicants received it within a month.
Is there any other route I can take to get a response?

ravii

Post by ravii » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:18 pm

Just complain.you can't do any thing else.but if you let us know about your case in detail then may be some one will help you.
Best regards

DesP
Newly Registered

EEA2 - NO COA

Post by DesP » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:29 pm

Thanks for your response.

I'm South African, my partner is Romanian with Hungarian passport. When i initally applied, I sent in his Romanian ID - a few months on his Hungarian citizenship came through and sent a copy of his passport with cover letter explaining the additional information. (Didnt want to send the additional incase they didnt link it and advise that i will send it if needed when I receive a reference number).

I stopped working from when my visa expired 1 June 2012 due to the UKBA website stating that I am not automatically entitled to work due to us not being married. Even though the European helpdesk said I could work I wanted the proof as I knew my company would ask for it. 7 months on, I have no new information and as it is just the helpdesk and not the actual people dealing with the application it makes it rather frustrating.

ravii

Post by ravii » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:03 pm

It looks that your application is bit complicated and UKBA is confused with 2 different IDs,and also needs legal translation that if during the EEA application,citizen of member state change their nationality but residing in another state rather then by birth or newly neutralized state,then what will happen.this is also in consideration that your wife is in uk then how she got Hungarian passport?i think you already explained this matter in your covering letter.So best thing is to complaint or write a letter to ukba eea2 team and asked about your application.Wait for other members.....
Best regards

DesP
Newly Registered

EEA2 - NO COA

Post by DesP » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:12 pm

Thanks for your feedback, yes I explained the whole thing in my letter just getting worried that my application might be lost.

Jackwade
BANNED

Post by Jackwade » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:31 am

Really got it