ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply for citizenship without ILR?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

louch
Newly Registered

Apply for citizenship without ILR?

Post by louch » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:59 pm

I have been legally in the UK for more than 9 years.
I got married to a British citizen 2 years ago, I am due to apply for ILR in January 2013.
Is it possible to apply for a British citizenship directly without going through ILR? if so, what is the procedure?

Thank You!

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:13 pm

I got married to a British citizen 2 years ago, I am due to apply for ILR in January 2013.
Is it possible to apply for a British citizenship directly without going through ILR?
No.

But having got your ILR, it might well be the case that you can move straight on and apply for Naturalisation. But check the rules carefully at that time.
John

louch
Newly Registered

Post by louch » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:17 pm

Thank you

trs2011
- thin ice -

Re: Apply for citizenship without ILR?

Post by trs2011 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:59 pm

louch wrote:I have been legally in the UK for more than 9 years.
Is it possible to apply for a British citizenship directly without going through ILR? if so, what is the procedure?

Thank You!
NO .