ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 dependent online application:Confusion

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

faisa_mahjoor
Newly Registered

Tier 2 dependent online application:Confusion

Post by faisa_mahjoor » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:42 pm

Hi,

I am filling online application for tier 2 extension for myself and my wife. In the application, came across following question for dependant.

Question: Do you live at the same address as main application?

I say yes

Then following question comes,

Question: have you lived with main applicant for last 5 years.

The answer is No since we married earlier this year. Then it asks for previous address in the UK, the problem is here I cant give the overseas address at which the dependant was living before (the system accepts only UK address) and dependant came in the UK only this year so what to fill in?

The other question that is confusing is about the passport

Question: Where is this passport?

options available: already with UKBA, available to be provided
which option should be if passport is to be submitted with application?

Thanks for guidance

Faisal

sttaq
Newly Registered

Same question

Post by sttaq » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:46 pm

Hi Faisal

I have just stumbled to this post while searching for the exact same thing. It is unfortunate though that no one has responded to you.

I am posting here hoping that you may get notified of this response and would be able to tell me what you did eventually in this case. The only thing that I want to find out is

"Question: have you lived with main applicant for last 5 years. "

Because your question is dated back in 2012 so I am assuming that you must have applied for your wife by now. Can you please inform what you did and what was the outcome of your application?

Thank you
Syed

sttaq
Newly Registered

Update

Post by sttaq » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:11 pm

Just to update so that every one stumbling on this know what I eventually did:

I contacted the UKBA through the following email address

ApplyOnlineE-Support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Following is the useless conversation that I had with them through email. In short, I ended up giving up on online application and decided to send a postal application instead. (The conversation start from bottom of this quote)
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for your email of 02 December 2013.

As mentioned in our previous email to you, please be advised that if you/your dependant* has only lived at one address in the UK for a period of less than five years, please re-enter the current address and the period you/they* have lived there for in order to proceed with the Tier 2 online application. This is because the system does not allow you proceed if you have not given an address in the UK for to cover a 5 year period so repeat the same answer you entered in the first section.

If the problem is not resolved, please send us a screen shot of the error message so we could send it to the appropriate department to respond.

Yours Faithfully

(Name of Person removed)

Apply Online E-Support Team

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear [UKBA]

Thanks for you response.

I have following situation:

1. We have not lived together for 5 years. This is because we have been married for less than 5 years.
2. My wife has lived together with me during her stay in UK but she has not lived together with me when we were not married.
3. Both of us have lived in UK together at few different addresses.
4. Her address before marriage is located in Pakistan.

So according to the question in the form: "Have you lived with main applicant for last 5 years?", we have not lived together for last 5 years. This means that I will have to enter all my wife's previous address for the past 5 years. All her UK addresses are same as mine but the only address that is different is in Pakistan. In the current online form I cannot enter address which is located abroad because the form requires to select a county in UK only.

Now, since I cannot enter addresses which are located outside UK, I am confused on how to fill this section because it asks for all addresses in the last 5 years. This is why I wanted to clarify if the question is only asking for previous addresses in the UK only? If all her previous UK addresses are same as mine then can I answer "Yes" to this question: Have you lived with main applicant for last 5 years? (knowing that we have not lived together for 5 years). The other way I can think of completing this section is to ONLY enter her UK addresses again and ignore the addresses in Pakistan?

I have also noticed that this question is not asked in the same manner in the postal application form. Could this be a mistake in the online form?

I would appreciate if you can guide me on this.

Thank you

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr ...

Thank you for your email of 28th November 2013

If you/your dependant* has only lived at one address for a period of less than five years, please re-enter the current address and the period you/they* have lived there for in order to proceed with the Tier 2 online application.

regards

(Name of Person removed)

Apply Online E-support Team

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi

I am completing Tier 2 application form online for me and my wife. I have a confusion about following question in the dependant application form which I would like to clarify.

Question: Have you lived with main applicant for last 5 years?
The answer is No since we are married for less than 5 years.

If the answer is No then the form asks for previous address.

So, I am confused by this question and not sure what previous address UKBA wants me to provide.

1. Is it previous address before the current one, which is same as mine, but then we have not lived at this address for last 5 years? or
2. Is it the previous address before our marriage, but then this address is abroad and the form does not accept international address? or
3. Is the question only asking for previous addresses in the UK only? If all the previous UK addresses are same as mine then can I answer Yes to this question: Have you lived with main applicant for last 5 years? (knowing that we have not lived together for 5 years).

I have also noticed that this question is not asked in the postal application form. Could this be a mistake in the online form?

I would appreciate if you can provide some guidance on how to fill this section considering our situation.

Thank you
Anyway I am not going to explain why I could not get an answer out of their response because it is obvious that the response they sent did not even come close to answering my questions.

So I applied using the Postal Application form on 04-12-2013 and have received our BRPs today i.e. 19-12-2013, remarkably speedy process. In postal application I had to attach a separate sheet for all our previous addresses. I attached one with my own form and another one with my wife's form. We did not have to enter any addresses which were abroad as it is clearly mentioned in the form that they need addresses in UK for past 5 years.

I hope this helps anyone facing same situation.