ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confused about 28 days

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

paladin
Newly Registered

Confused about 28 days

Post by paladin » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:34 pm

Hello Gurus,

I am confused about this 28days. My visa expires on 31 Jan 2013. I am planning to send my application on 03rd Jan. What is 28days limit? I thought 28days is max someone can stay in UK from their visa expiry date. Is there any rule to say application should be sent before 28days?

Thanks in advance.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:02 pm

Please see the T1 General UKBA guidance on when to apply: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... -to-apply/

"We encourage you to make your application at least 1 month before your current permission to stay expires. However, if you apply significantly more than 1 month before your permission to stay expires, and you want to apply for settlement later, you may not have accumulated enough total permission to stay. This is because your new permission to stay will begin on the date when we make the decision, not the date when your current permission expires."

Note, you will be fine so long as you apply before your current leave to remain expires.