ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

maintenence fund for child born in uk ...please help !!!!!!

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zunera mahmood

maintenence fund for child born in uk ...please help !!!!!!

Post by zunera mahmood » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:49 am

Hello
Please I have a query ..my.husband.is on a tier 2 sponsorships and I'm.his dependent ..wehave.recently been blessed with a.baby boy ..he.was born in UK .
I.need.to confirm :
How much maintenance funds.are required to show for the new.born.baby born in.UK ?
As we.both husband and.wife and.our elder son have valid visas.till Aug 2013.
Do we.only require 600 pounds or we have to.show (800) husband +600 (me) +600 (elder son )+600 (New born baby)
Please clarify my doubts ?
Thanks.very much.in advance [/b]
zunera

safatafa
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by safatafa » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:42 am

Hi there
I did get my daughters visa this year since you are not applying with the main applicant it will be 2700£ in total 900+600*3

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:59 am

Safatafa, just because you chose to present maintenance for your entire family when making an application for only one individual, and the individual application was approved, is not an indicator that maintenance for your entire family was required for that individual application. They would have looked at the statement and seen that the individual amount for the application was more than covered by the funds you were holding, and approved it on that basis.

Tsiya
Newly Registered

Post by Tsiya » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:27 pm

Hi There,

I am in the same delima as you. Could you please advise? My son was bon about 8 months ago and I do need a visa for him now. Do I need to show that I have saving of £2100 in my account for my son, wife and I? Or Do I need to show only £600 in my account for the baby?

Another question, since the baby was born here, could you let me know if having a saving of £600 for the baby is sufficient? I am planning to get a letter from my employer as well as submit my payslips, would that suffice enough as evidence for maintenance?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:42 pm

Tsiya wrote:I am in the same delima as you.
So the answer is the same.

Tsiya
Newly Registered

Post by Tsiya » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:55 pm

Lucapooka wrote:
Thanks for your response. So I presume I definately need to show saving of at least £600 in my account for 3 months irrespective of a letter from my employer and my payslip

theabrar

Post by theabrar » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:54 pm

Lucapooka wrote:
Hi,

Just to confirm again as this post here http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=120892 says Maintenance as £1600 (please read reply of "karthiktr" on Jan 21, 2013 11:59 am)

Could you please check the next reply as well, where it says we need more documents like skype chat and all, are those really necessary?

I'm on Tier 2 (General) for more than 12 months now and is looking to apply Tier 2 Dependent for my Wife. I have a little more than £600 in my account for more than 90 days, Does this meet the Maintenance ? or do I need to have more £900 for me.

P.S. I did go through the Guidance, However after reading the above mentioned post, just wanted to confirm..

Thanks

theabrar

Post by theabrar » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:52 pm

Any views on the above please...
Thanks.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:30 pm

My view is that the discussion in this thread was concluded in December and you have hijacked it by asking readers to refer to a comment in a completely different thread. How can you make it more complicated? Why not just start a thread and ask a straightforward question?

theabrar

Post by theabrar » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:13 am

Lucapooka wrote:My view is that the discussion in this thread was concluded in December and you have hijacked it by asking readers to refer to a comment in a completely different thread. How can you make it more complicated? Why not just start a thread and ask a straightforward question?
Apologies...was a bit hesitant to start a new thread, as advised, I did http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?p=772611

Thanks