ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Second Extension for Child born in UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jain208
United Kingdom

Tier 1 Second Extension for Child born in UK

Post by jain208 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:34 pm

Hello Friends,

I am due for second Tier 1 extension in January, as I arrived 3 months late in UK.
I will be due for ILR in April.

I have a UK born child who has Tier 1 visa which is running out with my mine. I got her the visa previously since we had to travel.
However, now we don't have any plans to travel until my ILR comes through.

I understand that if the child is born in the UK, he/she doesn't need a leave to remain. But in my case, she already has a Tier 1 visa and a BRP.
But in this case, do I need to apply for her extension along with mine, or can I wait till the ILR and get her British passport straightaway at that time.

I don't mind extending it if there is a legal obligation to do so and if it will cause any confusion with my ILR application four months down the line.

Also, could somebody point me to a link on UKBA website where this has been explained?

I would appreciate any help on this matter.

Thanks
Abhishek Jain.

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Re: Tier 1 Second Extension for Child born in UK

Post by UKBALoveStory » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:20 pm

jain208 wrote:Hello Friends,

I am due for second Tier 1 extension in January, as I arrived 3 months late in UK.
I will be due for ILR in April.

I have a UK born child who has Tier 1 visa which is running out with my mine. I got her the visa previously since we had to travel.
However, now we don't have any plans to travel until my ILR comes through.

I understand that if the child is born in the UK, he/she doesn't need a leave to remain. But in my case, she already has a Tier 1 visa and a BRP.
But in this case, do I need to apply for her extension along with mine, or can I wait till the ILR and get her British passport straightaway at that time.

I don't mind extending it if there is a legal obligation to do so and if it will cause any confusion with my ILR application four months down the line.

Also, could somebody point me to a link on UKBA website where this has been explained?

I would appreciate any help on this matter.

Thanks
Abhishek Jain.
see Q31 (http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=79378)

jain208
United Kingdom

Post by jain208 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:11 pm

Thanks Tahir,

You saved me some money here. :-)

Abhi.