ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance requirements for Spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

christine44

Maintenance requirements for Spouse visa

Post by christine44 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:23 pm

Hello,

I am a little confused how to calculate the maintenance requirement needed for the Spouse visa as the sticky on this site states the benefit rates from April 2012 which it says should be used in order to calculate adequate maintenance levels. However the UKBA website states min salary levels required. I don't see how both could be correct as the amount of salary needed to earn to leave the equivalent to the benefit level could be different to the min salary level stated on the UKBA website as you have to deduct rent, council tax and credit / loan payments.

Also, if my salary covers the maintenance requirement do I still need to show evidence of savings ?

Thanks for any advice.
Last edited by christine44 on Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:26 pm

Any information on spouse visa maintenance given out prior to July 9th is no longer relevant. Now, the minimum salary threshold to sponsor a settlement application is 18,600 per annum. Outgoing expenditure is not considered.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... you-apply/

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:28 pm

The sticky referring to benefit rates relates to the old (pre 9 July) rules.

The new rules require a minimum salary and/or savings as indicated on the ukba website.

If you meet the minimum income threshold you don't need to show savings and your outgoings, including loan repayments are not relevant.