ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO appointment - got one for self. Can solicitor now apply

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

stalwar

PEO appointment - got one for self. Can solicitor now apply

Post by stalwar » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:59 am

First a little background of my case. I have a separate thread opened for that (http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=)

In brief, my visa expires on 4th Jan 2013. I got a PEO appointment on 1st Dec, 2012 in Glasgow which I duly attended.
However, I was showing 4 months Indian salary and 8 months UK salary which the case worker refused to accept. He didn't accept my application and I had to return empty handed. HE didn't reject my visa just didnt' accept my application.

Once back, I hired a solicitor for my case and who said he can get me a date from the week starting 17th Decemeber. However, he can only confirm this best by 10th and worst by 12th December. If I add my December UK salary, I make enough points and do no require and Indian salary. Therefore, my case becomes straight forward.

Now here is the thing. I was trying to get a date for myself from the UKBA's website and I got lucky and got a date for 28th December, 2012 again in Glasgow. I booked as a backup.

However, my question is if the solicitor now applies for a date in Solihull, would the UKBA refuse to give a date for me since in their system I already have a date. I really want to go with the solicitor in Solihull but there is no guarantee he can get me the dates.

I was hoping if someone could shed some light about the process of booking dates by solicitors.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Re: PEO appointment - got one for self. Can solicitor now ap

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:45 am

stalwar wrote: However, my question is if the solicitor now applies for a date in Solihull, would the UKBA refuse to give a date for me since in their system I already have a date.
Although multiple/speculative booking is frowned upon, it was perfectly OK until a few weeks back.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.