ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in the UK - refused to take test

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

boloney

Life in the UK - refused to take test

Post by boloney » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:42 am

Hi
I was today at the test center to do the test. But when I registered on-line I did`t put my middle name (not mandatory field). Even in t&c does`t say that if you have middle name you have to put it in. Test supervisor told me that I can`t do the test because of missing middle name. So I`m about to complain and ask for refund. But where should I send it? Should that be learndirect or Home Office?

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Re: Life in the UK - refused to take test

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:03 am

boloney wrote:I was today at the test center to do the test. But when I registered on-line I did`t put my middle name (not mandatory field). Even in t&c does`t say that if you have middle name you have to put it in. Test supervisor told me that I can`t do the test because of missing middle name. So I`m about to complain and ask for refund. But where should I send it? Should that be learndirect or Home Office?
Indeed, I can confirm that the "middle name" is explicitly a non-mandatory field. The test supervisor's reaction was incorrect and disproportionate. I would direct my complaint to Home Office. While it is Learndirect who is running the tests, the tests themselves are ultimately HO's responsibility. The site where you register (www.lifeintheuktest.gov.uk) belongs to the Home Office and boasts their logo. If you feel audacious today, add the travel expenses to your reimbursement claim (bus/train ticket or reasonable petrol charge). Include a screenshot as well as the supervisor's name and any other relevant information.

boloney

Re: Life in the UK - refused to take test

Post by boloney » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:08 pm

Gyfrinachgar wrote:
boloney wrote:I was today at the test center to do the test. But when I registered on-line I did`t put my middle name (not mandatory field). Even in t&c does`t say that if you have middle name you have to put it in. Test supervisor told me that I can`t do the test because of missing middle name. So I`m about to complain and ask for refund. But where should I send it? Should that be learndirect or Home Office?
Indeed, I can confirm that the "middle name" is explicitly a non-mandatory field. The test supervisor's reaction was incorrect and disproportionate. I would direct my complaint to Home Office. While it is Learndirect who is running the tests, the tests themselves are ultimately HO's responsibility. The site where you register (www.lifeintheuktest.gov.uk) belongs to the Home Office and boasts their logo. If you feel audacious today, add the travel expenses to your reimbursement claim (bus/train ticket or reasonable petrol charge). Include a screenshot as well as the supervisor's name and any other relevant information.
Complain submitted to HO and Learndirect, will see what they say in future. I may have to go to Small Claims Court with them.

hsmp2006

Another refusal

Post by hsmp2006 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:15 pm

boloney

I faced the same issue today. My passport doesn't mention Surname and my entire name is under "Given Names". However, in all of my Home Office applications/correspondences I have been using part of the "Given Names" as First, Middle and Last names. I submitted Driving License at the Test Center to prove the same but wasn't allowed to take the test.

They failed to give me any written T&C where it says if Surname is missing in the passport reject the application. On the contrary, I saw an internal note and Candidate should inform about this discrepancy to the Test Center and he/she should be not rejected for this sole reason.

I am planning to sue the Test Center as well as HO for NOT mentioning such an important point at the time of booking test.

Have you made any progress with Small Claims or other avenues yet? We can discuss on Phone if required.

elsa
Newly Registered

Refused to take test

Post by elsa » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:49 am

Hi all,
The examiner refused me to take the test on 22nd Dec. for similar issues (name), and I was not the only one refused on the same grounds there were others as well. Completely upset must do something so that we can create some awareness to others and help/guide them.
Elsa.

boloney

Re: Refused to take test

Post by boloney » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:50 am

I complained to HO and learndirect, was advised to send refund form (you will find it there http://lifeintheuktest.ukba.homeoffice. ... nd_10.html ). Form submitted now waiting for response. They have silly strict rules but they not included in T&C so how can you follow them?
good luck with yours refund request.