ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Winter Fuel Allowance

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jca142
Newly Registered

Winter Fuel Allowance

Post by jca142 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:15 pm

Hello,
I am a British Citizen, my wife and my mother in law (Ukrainian) have applied for EEA2 (residence) We used to live in Belgium before so we have applied by Surrenda Singh. The papers are being processed and should all go through without any problem.

The question is: My Mother in law is 70 years old, blind in one eye, can she claim for winter fuel allowance? She is a non European though, and is going through UKBA processes.
Would she be entitled to any other allowances? My wife and I take care of her etc. She has a free bus pass and is registered with the doctor etc. She is even allowed to work......

If someone has some advise then that would be most helpful!

Thank you

Ted

Re: Winter Fuel Allowance

Post by Ted » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:21 pm

jca142 wrote: The question is: My Mother in law is 70 years old, blind in one eye, can she claim for winter fuel allowance?

Would she be entitled to any other allowances?
I dont think being blind in one eye would make any difference in winter! :roll:

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:44 am

jca142: Speak with citizen advice bureau.