ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

KENYA COLONY BRITISH PASSPORTS

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ibraheem
Newly Registered

KENYA COLONY BRITISH PASSPORTS

Post by Ibraheem » Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:59 am

Hi all,

There is a very interesting story regarding My Fathers Kenya Colony British passport which got lost and I want all of you to assist me sort it out.

My father had requested me to search for him some records/information from the British Foreign Offices, The Home office, The British High commision offices in Nairobi, Mombasa, about his lost british passport while visiting Tanzania for a visit.

His British passport was issued to him In Mombasa, during Kenya Colony.
After searching through UK Immigration online and several offices, The consular offices In Kenya reffered me to their several offices.

Please explain to me how I can secure his passport which got lost in Tanzania and How he can be issued a similar passport.

Thanks all.

ppron747
inactive

Post by ppron747 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:05 pm

AIUI the records of colonial passports issues in Kenya should be maintained by the government that succeeded the colonial government - ie the government of the independent country of Kenya.

Given that Kenya Colony ceased to exist as a colony 43 years ago (on Tuesday) it is hard to see how your father can hope to obtain a similar one. Whether he is now eligible for a British passport will depend on whether he retained a claim to British nationality after independence, and your post gives no clue as to whether this might be the case.
|| paul R.I.P, January, 2007
Want a 2nd opinion? One will be along shortly....