ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

naturalization for EEA national

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

epoh
Newly Registered

naturalization for EEA national

Post by epoh » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:48 am

Dear All,
I am an EEA citizen. I received my UK permanent residence last November. I understand I need to wait for one year before applying for naturalization as UK citizen. Which documents shall I then present? Is it enough to submit the permanent residence document and show that I lived in the UK for an additional 12 months?
Thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:58 am

See Q1 & Q5 in Citizenship FAQs - Common Questions - Read before posting.

Check the last page of the application form (form AN) for a list of the supporting documents required.

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Re: naturalization for EEA national

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:26 pm

epoh wrote:I am an EEA citizen. I received my UK permanent residence last November. I understand I need to wait for one year before applying for naturalization as UK citizen. Which documents shall I then present? Is it enough to submit the permanent residence document and show that I lived in the UK for an additional 12 months?
Just to clarify: one only needs evidence as specified on the last page of form AN if applying for naturalisation directly after 6 years, assuming automatic PR after 5 years. If, like in your case, one has applied for documentation certifying PR (using form EEA3) after 5 years, then only said document is needed to attest your stay, nothing else. You will still need to add your passport and LIUK test certificate, of course.

BTW, did you get the sticker in your passport or on a separate blue paper card? Trying to figure out when and why the HO hands out which of the two types.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:19 pm

Gyfrinachgar wrote: BTW, did you get the sticker in your passport or on a separate blue paper card? Trying to figure out when and why the HO hands out which of the two types.
Residence documentation for EEA nationals is never placed in the passport but in a blue paper "wallet".

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:28 pm

Jambo wrote:Residence documentation for EEA nationals is never placed in the passport but in a blue paper "wallet".
Oh okay, thanks for the info. That is how I got mine as well, but I recently heard of two who claimed that they got the sticker in their passports, so I was confused.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:44 pm

Gyfrinachgar wrote:
Jambo wrote:Residence documentation for EEA nationals is never placed in the passport but in a blue paper "wallet".
Oh okay, thanks for the info. That is how I got mine as well, but I recently heard of two who claimed that they got the sticker in their passports, so I was confused.
This is the case for non EEA nationals (if the HO have their passports). Otherwise it is placed on a A4 piece of paper (no nice wallets for non EEA although there was one or two reports of non EEA receiving the wallet).