ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Letter from Employer, PEO for Cohabitation document for ILR?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kaym

Letter from Employer, PEO for Cohabitation document for ILR?

Post by Kaym » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:15 am

I am applying for ILR in Jan 2013.

1. Can the letter from the employer be used for the purpose of Cohabitation ? I have had letters in the past from my employer, which states that my wife is living with me ( other details such as my salary, my designation etc ). These letters were taken in the past, to get Schengen Visa, Canadian Visa with my wife.

2. Is the letter of Travel Insurance having me and my wife's name a valid cohab document ? I have such Insurance letters from my company ( having my wife's name in it as dependent ) and additionally I purchased Insurance for me and my wife with 1 yr validity ?

3. Can the letter from neighborers, who are my friends be taken as proof of my wife being here in UK with me ?

4. For my last 2 visa extensions, me and my wife had gone PEO. I have letters in my name and in my wife's name in 2010 and in 2012 from PEO for the same address. Can I use those letters as proof of Cohab ?

The reason I am asking all this is, coz, I dont have Council Tax, or Utility bills or bank account in her name..etc. , but she has been living with me for more than last 2 yrs.

Any help/suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks

Kaym

Post by Kaym » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:03 am

While, no one responded, I have another query:-

I came to UK on Work Permit for 1st 2 years in Jan 2008.
In Jan 2010, it got changed to T2 ICT.

If I apply for ILR, whether I will be treated as WP case or T2 ICT case ?

madhumesh
India

Post by madhumesh » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:08 am

Look at Note 8 this is good guidance related to cohabition proof.