ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New job offer whilst on ILR application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

atk3501
Newly Registered

New job offer whilst on ILR application

Post by atk3501 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:44 pm

I am currently on a work permit with my current employer. However I went for an interview and I was offered the job on the basis that I attain my ILR. The wait for it is now in its sixth month. Can I ask my future employer to carry out the UKBA employee checking service? I have a feeling that I won't be allowed to start (by UKBA) till I am granted ILR.

Any advice would be very much welcome, I have patiently waited for the past few months with the future employer willing to hold the job for me.
Last edited by atk3501 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: New job offer whilst on ILR application

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:49 pm

As your Work Permit is tied to your current employer (i.e. you are working under a employer sponsored visa), you will not be able to work for another employer while on that Work Permit.

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:56 am

You can not start working for another employer before you get your ILR as cs95tdg has rightly pointed out.
Bear in mind that you are still on WP that is tied to your current employer.
Goodluck.