ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employment status at the time of application for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kpyc
Newly Registered

Employment status at the time of application for ILR

Post by kpyc » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:31 am

Hi everyone,

I have a difficult situation here I would like to seek your advice.

I got my first work permit Sept 2008, subsequently switched to Tier 1 Apr 2009, extended my Tier 1 May 2012, and I am eligible to apply for ILR Sept 2013.

My problem is, I am currently full time employed and enough income pa to apply for ILR in Sept 2013. HOWEVER, I might have a good chance of losing my job possibly around March/April 2013. Now, I will have enough income 12/15 months prior to my ILR application in Sept 2013, if I have my job till April 2013. But, do they take into account current employment situation when I apply for ILR in Sept 2013? Or do they purely look at past income as they seem to suggest on the requirements?

Thank you all!!

[iD]

Re: Employment status at the time of application for ILR

Post by [iD] » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:40 am

As far as I am aware for people on Tier 1 they don't.
What matters is points you can claim for 12 out of 15 months immediately before your ILR application
Goodluck.

ukswus

Re: Employment status at the time of application for ILR

Post by ukswus » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:53 am

kpyc wrote:Hi everyone,

I have a difficult situation here I would like to seek your advice.

I got my first work permit Sept 2008, subsequently switched to Tier 1 Apr 2009, extended my Tier 1 May 2012, and I am eligible to apply for ILR Sept 2013.

My problem is, I am currently full time employed and enough income pa to apply for ILR in Sept 2013. HOWEVER, I might have a good chance of losing my job possibly around March/April 2013. Now, I will have enough income 12/15 months prior to my ILR application in Sept 2013, if I have my job till April 2013. But, do they take into account current employment situation when I apply for ILR in Sept 2013? Or do they purely look at past income as they seem to suggest on the requirements?

Thank you all!!
Where does it say on the application form/in the immigration rules, that Tier 1 migrants are supposed to be employed at the time of the application?

Don't invent another reason to worry.

kpyc
Newly Registered

Post by kpyc » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:58 pm

It doesn't say as a rule on the UKBA site. I saw that on the site of First migration, one of the many visa advisors http://firstmigration.com/visas/uk/inde ... remain-ilr

If you scroll down to the 'eligibility' section, it says

'As well as having spent sufficient time in the UK, applicants will also need to have:

Passed the life in the UK test (you are exempt if you qualify under the HSMP judicial review)
Be able to prove that you have sufficient funds to support yourself and any dependents
Have suitable accommodation for yourself and any dependents
Have a job that brings you in suitable regular income'

Also on the SET O app. form, there is a section called Home and Finances in the first half of the form it asks you to provide current job and salary...

Those are the 2 reasons why I am worried...