ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent advice on Dependant Parents Immigration

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Rishika
Newly Registered

Urgent advice on Dependant Parents Immigration

Post by Rishika » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:46 pm

Hi

I am due for British Citizenship the coming March 2013. I have dependant parents in India. I have a sibling which has kidney failure and is currently cannot take care of my parents as she is struggling with her own health.

My mother has lung related problem and needs Spam machines during the night sleep. Father is heart patient and also diabetic. Doctor has advised him that he would have to start insulin injections by next month.

I am worried and need advise. Is it possible for me to apply for their dependant visa. I heard there are changes in family immigration and hence want to confirm will they get NHS services if i get my parents as my dependants in this country. Please note my parents are below 60 though.

Also on my sisters case is there a possibility for her.

Thanks in advance. Appreciate advise from senior members at the earliest.

aledeniz
United Kingdom

Re: Urgent advice on Dependant Parents Immigration

Post by aledeniz » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:24 pm

Rishika wrote:I am worried and need advise. Is it possible for me to apply for their dependant visa. I heard there are changes in family immigration and hence want to confirm will they get NHS services if i get my parents as my dependants in this country. Please note my parents are below 60 though.

Also on my sisters case is there a possibility for her.
This is what UKBA says about the "no recourse to public funds" sentence.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... blicfunds/

As you can see, the HO doesn't specifically mention NHS, as yet.

Rishika
Newly Registered

Post by Rishika » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:51 pm

Thanks so much