ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General Dependant Online Application question

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cluelesss

Tier 1 General Dependant Online Application question

Post by cluelesss » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:58 pm

Hi All,

I am a bit confused about the online application form for Tier 1 General dependant application. It is asking me alot of unneccessary questions.

I am the main applicant and applying visa for my wife in pakistan to join me in UK. I want to know about The section 6 - Main Applicant employment details and then Section 6- Employment and Finances.

Do i need to enter my job and salary details in The section 6 - Employment and Fiances or for my wife who is in pakistan. It seems that they are asking about the employment details of my wife in pakistan. What is the purpose of asking about finances and savings of my wife when i am sponsoring her and attaching my bank statements for maintenance of funds. Does she also need to provide proof of her employment, salary and savings in application. Please review the questions below and help me complete the online form.

I have completed Section 6 - Main Applicant Employment Details with my employment details.

Thanks

Section 6 - Main Applicant Employment Details
74 What job or employment is the main applicant doing in the UK or going to do in the UK?
75 Name of company where the main applicant is working/will work
76 When did/will the main applicant begin their job?
77 When is the job expected to finish?
78 Please provide the main applicant's work address details
79 Telephone number of the company including area code

Section 6 - Employment and Finances
80 Are you unemployed‚ employed‚ or self-employed?
81 You stated that you are employed/self employed.

What is your present job or occupation?
82 What is the name of the company you work for?
83 When did you start this job?
84 Please provide your work address details
85 What are your employer's telephone numbers?

Landline telephone number
86 Mobile telephone number
87 What is your employer's e-mail address?
88 Do you have any other source of income from a second job or occupation?
89 Your total monthly income from all sources of work or employment after tax
90 Do you receive income from any other sources‚ including friends or family?
91 Do you have savings‚ properties or other income‚ for example‚ from stocks and shares?
92 How much of your monthly income is used to support your family members?
93 How much do you spend each month on living costs?

Section 7 - Additional Information
94 Is there any other information you wish to be considered as part of your application? NO
95 When do you wish to travel to the UK? 15 Jan 2013
96 Are there sufficient funds to support you and any other dependants? Yes
97 Please state the amount of money available and total number of dependants I have approx GBP xxxxx available in my husbands/Main Applicant current account. Acct Title. xyz, Acct Number. xx, Sort-Code. , Bank. Barclays Bank Plc, London. Original Bank Statements attached.

mrbond009
Newly Registered

Post by mrbond009 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:34 am

Main appplication is you. The one who sponsoring her. Because this confusoin araises for every one as the sponsor is completing the application for dependent wives.
1, Main Applicant is all yourdetails including Employement.
2, Yu need to provide how much extra finances you have, If not Mention the required ones

hope this answers you

cluelesss

Post by cluelesss » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:53 am

Thanks for your reply. My question is the difference between Section 6 - Main Applicant Employment Details and
Section 6 - Employment and Finances.

Do you mean that in Section 6 - Main Applicant Employment Details i will enter my employment details as a sponsor for my wife and in
Section 6 - Employment and Finances i should enter my wife/dependant employment and finances.?

I am providing proof of my employment in UK and maintenance funds. but do i also need to provide proof of my wife's employment and savings, living costs in pakistan. This is quite weird to ask such questions in the online application form as i dont think there is any need or requirement for that.

mrbond009
Newly Registered

Post by mrbond009 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:57 pm

Hello.. I am sorry for the previous post.. This is the right one

You have to provide all the details of ur employement from what date to what date in section 6.

Employement and finances are for ur wife and you need to cmplete them.

Where ever they mention "You"means your wife.

In section 6 they will ask the "Main Applicant" which is you.

cluelesss

Post by cluelesss » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:27 am

Thanks for the reply. Yea we did the same thing now. It seemed a bit weird why they need so much details about wife and i am wondering if we need to provide supporting evidence for wife's job as well.

She is attaching a letter from her employer as proof of her employment. No bank statements as proof of salary as it could confuse the case worker about maintenance of funds.

Another thing while filling the form was that we put NOT APPLICABLE in the fields for which we had no answers. When we submitted the application, the final printout mentioned my wife's name as FirstName NOTAPPLICABLE LastName. This seems to be an error in the online application.

I am filling a new form now and have removed NOT APPLICABLE from OTHER NAMES field.

Thanks,

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:34 am

If you put 'not applicable' in the other names field then it is not an error with the form if it prints out ' not applicable' as part of the name. There is no need to put anything in the field unless it is mandatory.