ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(O) and FLR(M) in the same appointment?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kkrisjoy
Newly Registered

SET(O) and FLR(M) in the same appointment?

Post by kkrisjoy » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:11 am

Hi,

By sheer luck I got an PEO appointment for tomorrow.

I booked SET(O) for myself (main applicant) and 1 dependent.

But I have to apply for FLRM for my wife as she is short of 2 years and hasn't done her lifeintheuk test yet.

couple of my friends (with advise from their solicitors) raised alarm that FLR-M cannot be applied at the same time as SET-O.

Could some one please confirm if it's the case?

if so, would it be ok if I go alone for the appointment (when I have mentioned 1 dependent while booking) and then apply through post for my wife?

Has some one successfully applied SET-O and FLR-M together?

Thank you,
Krishna

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:20 am

Please read this success story.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:30 am

Yes but they had separate appointments.

Op are you sure your wife needs to apply on FLR(M)?

See dependent of ilr (5 year economic route) applicants

If your wife's leave will not expire before she completes the two years there is no need for her to make any application. If her leave will expire the most appropriate application would be to extend her PBS dependent leave as permitted by the recent change to the rules (see link above) unless she is a dentist/doctor in training.
In any case you would need separate appointments

kkrisjoy
Newly Registered

Post by kkrisjoy » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:54 pm

Thanks Greenie.
I should have researched more. I took for granted that FLR(M) is also a dependent application and didn't think it would need separate appointment.

Could you please let me know if
* there are any advantages or disadvantages in applying for PBS dependent / FLR(M) ? (English language requirement is not a problem as her degree is recorgnised by NARIC)

* For how many years would she be issued visa for in either case

* would there be any problems for the validity of my appointment

I hope it wouldn't be a problem if I go for my appointment tomorrow without the dependent.