ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

if the tier 2 visa is refusedwhen can we expect the passport

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bandimanu
Newly Registered

if the tier 2 visa is refusedwhen can we expect the passport

Post by bandimanu » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:09 am

Hi
I have been reject a tier 2 general visa stating that salary mentioned by the employer is less than the codes of practice. my employer said that i can apply once again and i have to apply from india as my current stay expired.

can any one pls tell whether i need to call UKBA and ask them to send the documents.

how many days will it take to receive the passport after the decision is made.

i have to hurry up as the COS the employer has will expire soon
can any one help me on this

Thanks in advance

tier2help
Newly Registered

Post by tier2help » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:02 am

Hi, Sorry to know about your refusal ! As far as I heard usually the passport and the other documents will be sent along with the decision letter. How did you know your visa has been refused ??

I might be wrong as am still waiting for a decision ! good luck with your new application.. make sure SOC code is chosen right this time !

Cheers

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:17 am

If you apply from India your application will be subject to the RLMT and may be subject to a 12 month cooling off period.

bandimanu
Newly Registered

Post by bandimanu » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:58 am

Thanks for ur reply guys,

i have applied in the uk and i am still in the uk and i have received only decision letter yesterday. The decision letter was sent to my employers address.

yogi43
Newly Registered

Post by yogi43 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:15 am

bandimanu wrote:Thanks for ur reply guys,

i have applied in the uk and i am still in the uk and i have received only decision letter yesterday. The decision letter was sent to my employers address.
just wondering why was it sent to your employer's address...?do they send it to work location or to the home address of the applicant?

tier2help
Newly Registered

Post by tier2help » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:36 pm

I think it's better to apply in UK than going back to India. I am pretty sure you would be given 10 days to re-apply so try doing that . Also can you please tell when you attended the biometrics ?