ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

child tax credit help plz

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

manobilli
Newly Registered

child tax credit help plz

Post by manobilli » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:30 am

hello every one, i am new to this forum. i was trying but could not find information regarding the question i have in my mind. i have ilr and my husband is british citizen. i applied for child tax credit and now little confused. i have seen some people are sent letters(from tax credit office) to send their original passports and documents to child tax credit office and this process took like months . now my issue with this is i have paln to travel soon and i will not be in position to send them my original documents if they will ask me to send my documents. is it always they ask for further documents ? is it possible to call them and take back my claim now and reapply after i come back from my trip ? i will so greatful if some one can answer my questions.

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:41 am

Why you not speak to their help line. They may come back with better ideas.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:49 am

when I applied for Child Benefit. I didn't have my BRP on me so just sent them the original letter and they accepted it.

zainibaba
Newly Registered

Re: child tax credit help plz

Post by zainibaba » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:26 pm

manobilli wrote:hello every one, i am new to this forum. i was trying but could not find information regarding the question i have in my mind. i have ilr and my husband is british citizen. i applied for child tax credit and now little confused. i have seen some people are sent letters(from tax credit office) to send their original passports and documents to child tax credit office and this process took like months . now my issue with this is i have paln to travel soon and i will not be in position to send them my original documents if they will ask me to send my documents. is it always they ask for further documents ? is it possible to call them and take back my claim now and reapply after i come back from my trip ? i will so greatful if some one can answer my questions.
Dont worry,,HMRC will send you back Passports,Birth Certificate within 2 weeks,,They dont keep the original documents for long time if they are not fake,,

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:31 pm

if ur partner is british citizen it might be better for him to apply as main applicant. and also have the CB in his name

the only issue myself and wife had when applying for TC was the fact she has no NINO