ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

british passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gtrivedi
Newly Registered

british passport

Post by gtrivedi » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:57 pm

Hi I have applied for british citizenship (i'm single) using Form An and I got a letter saying that my application has been approved and now I need to do a citizenshp ceremony where I will be given the certificate.

my question however is, after I attend the ceremony and I get the british citizenship certificate, how do I apply for british passport? I'm holding an indian passport (that's where I was born), and what should I do with my Indian passport?

Sorry if this question has already been answered but I'm quite new to all this. I came to UK in 2005 from India and was on work permit/HSMP/Tier-1. I got my ILR on 25 Oct -2011 and applied for british citizenship on 5th November 2012 and I got my approval letter just yestreday.

Please advise.

Greatly appreciated in advance,

regards,
GT

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:07 pm

my question however is, after I attend the ceremony and I get the british citizenship certificate, how do I apply for british passport?
At your Citizenship Ceremony you should be given a small pack, including a passport application form.

Or you can always get a form from a Post Office.
John

gtrivedi
Newly Registered

Post by gtrivedi » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:45 pm

Thanks John. Appreciate it
Ok this looks nice and simple :)
John wrote:
my question however is, after I attend the ceremony and I get the british citizenship certificate, how do I apply for british passport?
At your Citizenship Ceremony you should be given a small pack, including a passport application form.

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Post by vinitmanu » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:05 pm

gtrivedi wrote:Thanks John. Appreciate it
Ok this looks nice and simple :)
John wrote:

Once you acquire British citizenship you are required to surrender your Indian passport. click here for the form and here for more information.