ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Paspport application - referee query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nmehta
United Kingdom

Paspport application - referee query

Post by nmehta » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:18 pm

Hi,

I have received my BC Application approval and preparing for the British Passport application.

I have a specific question with regards to countersignee/referee for the passport application. The 2 options that I have are

1. A friend of mine who is an IT consultant (works as a contractor) has setup his own company for 2-3 years and therefore is Director of a vat registered company. Technically a director of a vat registered company can act as a referee but can he? - given that his company is just a one-man company and not a well-know listed company.

2. My wife's friend is employed with Natwest Bank. Again Bank Officials are in the approved list but does it matter what designation she is working at i.e. if the profile of the job is not very high?

Thanks

nmehta
United Kingdom

Post by nmehta » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:40 pm

Anyone please. I have to submit my application soon as I am planned to travel for work towards end of Jan.

krihoum
Newly Registered

Post by krihoum » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:29 pm

nmehta wrote:Anyone please. I have to submit my application soon as I am planned to travel for work towards end of Jan.
it's mainly the position of the two people you listed: if their job title is more or less listed in the HO accepted functions then you can go for that one

this is my opinion

skymoon

Post by skymoon » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:29 pm

You can use either 1 or 2 option as referee both are OK. Congratulation and good luck with your passport application.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

nmehta
United Kingdom

Post by nmehta » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:42 am

Thanks guys, still not sure as I am getting mixed responses. Any members/mods please?

nmehta
United Kingdom

Post by nmehta » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:23 pm

Just in case if it helps someone - I have just checked and a bank official should be fine.