ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from PSW. Job title and SOCs

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

IgorSHCH
Newly Registered

Switching from PSW. Job title and SOCs

Post by IgorSHCH » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:15 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm currently on PSW visa and have been working for the company for last 14 months.

My company recently received the sponsor licence and would like to issue a CoS for me.

The question is what job title should we specify in the CoS? I started as a graduate developer and I think I am still considered as one. But according to the UKBA job title's description: "This job function is used to classify all programmers and developers who essentially have less than six months
commercial experience of programming." As mentioned before, I have more than 6 months experience, but my salary is not big enough to qualify for "system developer". My employer does consider myself as a graduate developer and more than happy to use that job title in the CoS.

So I'm interested in how UKBA checks whether or not employer used right job title?
And will I have any sort of problem in future if I specify "graduate developer" instead of "system developer"(I mean any kind of problem with the extension of the visa).

Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Igor

tier2help
Newly Registered

Post by tier2help » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:09 am

I think according to UKBA your not considered as a new Graduate anymore as you worked for more than 6 months so you should be paid according to respective SOC code. If not there might be a chance for rejection saying that sufficient salary is not paid according to UKBA codes of practice.

Please consult some senior members as well !!

Good Luck!

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:05 am

tier2help wrote:I think according to UKBA your not considered as a new Graduate anymore as you worked for more than 6 months so you should be paid according to respective SOC code. If not there might be a chance for rejection saying that sufficient salary is not paid according to UKBA codes of practice.

Please consult some senior members as well !!

Good Luck!
You are not Graduate anymore. You will be refused.

Ask your employer to use Programmer that requires you to be earning £26K.

IgorSHCH
Newly Registered

Post by IgorSHCH » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:23 pm

Thank you both for replies.

muhdkhokhar,

I don't make enough for "programmer" either.

Is there some sort of a document(except SOC codes descriptions of course), which can help me to back this(the fact that I will be refused) up?

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:03 pm

IgorSHCH wrote:Thank you both for replies.

muhdkhokhar,

I don't make enough for "programmer" either.

Is there some sort of a document(except SOC codes descriptions of course), which can help me to back this(the fact that I will be refused) up?
How much you are earning then ?

Ask your employer to raise it to 26K. Thats the minimum you can go for.

Or ask your employer to raise to 26K and you will pay the cut yourself

e.g

you are earning 22K so you will be paying them 4K every year etc.

Jeeves

Post by Jeeves » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:17 pm

muhdkhokhar wrote: Or ask your employer to raise to 26K and you will pay the cut yourself

e.g

you are earning 22K so you will be paying them 4K every year etc.
I'm fairly certain the UKBA would not take kindly to someone they found doing that!