ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PLEASE SUCK MY BALLS

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dcraigy
Newly Registered

PLEASE SUCK MY BALLS

Post by dcraigy » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:11 pm

null
Last edited by dcraigy on Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:25 am

I'll turn the question round. How would you show you are entitled to be in the UK?

I am sure you are not the first Nigerian in the UK illegally without a passport.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Re: How easy is it to deport people from the UK

Post by Mr Rusty » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:18 am

dcraigy wrote: Besides, the only documentation I possess which somewhat alludes my Nigerian citizenship is my British birth certificate, which states that my parents were Nigerian nationals at the time of my birth. But then birth certificate is not proof of nationality or is it?
On its own the birth cert wouldn't prove your nationality, because if one of your Nigerian parents had Indefinite Leave to Remain at the time of your birth, you would be a British Citizen - but having come to the UK when you were 17 with a Nigerian passport, it's reasonable to assume that your parents' UK status was of a more temporary nature.

In my experience of seeking travel documents for illegals/ overstayers, I would say the Nigerian authorities are more cooperative than some. If your case had come before me I reckon I'd have you you on your way back to Nigeria within a few months.

Spare yourself the aggravation that will come sooner or later. Get yourself a passport and go home.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:23 am

How do you have a British birth certificate if you only came here when you were 17?

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:33 pm

I believe he was born here, then went back to his country of origin and then came here once again at 17.

That's my assumption, but I stand to be corrected.

Kind Regards

dcraigy
Newly Registered

Not all deportations attempts are successful!

Post by dcraigy » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:30 pm

YOU GUYS MAKE ME LAUGH....SUCK MY ROTTEN BALLS.
Last edited by dcraigy on Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:03 pm

They only need to undertake such assessments if a person is dishonest about their nationality/identity or doesn't provide evidence to prove it. Presumably if you came to the attention of the ukba you would be honest about who you are as you would be seeking to argue why you should stay here and thus would provide evidence of your birth in the UK the time you have spent here?

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Re: Not all deportations attempts are successful!

Post by Mr Rusty » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:02 am

.[/quote]

Given that the theme of this article was protests about mass deportations to Nigeria, your question about how difficult it is for UKBA to remove people there already has an answer - "Not very!"

But if you're looking for information which helps you to cheat UKBA and the legal residents of the UK, go somewhere else.