ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa switching

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kindrik
Newly Registered

Visa switching

Post by kindrik » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:11 am

If I come over on a visitor visa for 6 months, can I switch to a tier 2 work visa without leaving the country?

For example. I come over for 6 months, but while I am there, I find a company that wants to sponsor me for a job. What do I do?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:27 am

It would be better to stick to your original thread. It is not possible to switch from leave as a visitor to tier 2 general. If you manage to secure an offer of employment from a tier 2 sponsor then you would have to apply from outside the UK.

Note that unless your job is on the shortage occupation list any employer would medium undertake a residence labour market test in order to sponsor you and t
would also need to issue a restricted cos.

Jeeves

Re: Visa switching

Post by Jeeves » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:38 pm

kindrik wrote:If I come over on a visitor visa for 6 months, can I switch to a tier 2 work visa without leaving the country?

For example. I come over for 6 months, but while I am there, I find a company that wants to sponsor me for a job. What do I do?
Ditto what Greenie said, although there is currently an exception for Syrian nationals in certain circumstances due to the 'problems' / civil war in Syria - they can switch from Visitor (tourist) visas (in certain circumstances) - all other criteria would need to be met though.