ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension of spouse dependent visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

snowflake007

Extension of spouse dependent visa

Post by snowflake007 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:16 pm

Hello,

I wonder if someone could advise me on documents that are required for extension of spouse visa. I am on ILR at the moment.

Would greatly appreciate your help if any link/information could be posted, as I am unable to locate the necessary info on the website.

thanks for your help

Snowflake

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: Extension of spouse dependent visa

Post by Damanisshallo » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:18 pm

snowflake007 wrote:I wonder if someone could advise me on documents that are required for extension of spouse
Required documents
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

snowflake007

Thanks

Post by snowflake007 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:34 pm

Thanks a lot for your reply. thats very helpful

cheers

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Thanks

Post by Babajee85 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:11 pm

snowflake007 wrote:Thanks a lot for your reply. thats very helpful

cheers
are you applying for the FLR(M) or PBS Dependant Form ?

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Extension of spouse dependent visa

Post by Babajee85 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:14 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
snowflake007 wrote:I wonder if someone could advise me on documents that are required for extension of spouse
Required documents
Hi Damam,

I need to apply for my wife as PBS Dependant because i have got the ILR recently and My wife joined me before 9th July 2012.So please could you tell me which documents should i sent with application form.

Thanks

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:54 pm

Please refer to page 12
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Babajee85 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:30 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:Please refer to page 12
ya i visted that but it only says three months bank statements for maintenance

Do you think i should just send these ?

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:50 pm

Follow this post
Skydrives, Templates

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Babajee85 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:14 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:Follow this post
Thanks for this !

One more query ,I have received my ILR approval letter today but no BRP. My dependant visa will get expire on 24 Dec 2012.So i need to apply before this date.There is weekend as well So the last day i can send the docs is Friday so they can receive on Sat or Monday.

But the question is if i need to post on Thursday, can i post them without BRP copy ?????? or it is mandatory to send BRP ?

Please guide me

Thanks

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:23 am

It shouldn't be a problem. You approval letter should do. Write a covering letter why you were unable to send your biometric card and you'd send them as soon as you get the delivery. However, your wife's application does not need to reach there by Monday. It can be posted on Monday by COP. So you've got time until Monday the 24th Dec, wait for your post on Monday and then send a special delivery.

-HTH
Skydrives, Templates

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Babajee85 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:08 am

Damanisshallo wrote:It shouldn't be a problem. You approval letter should do. Write a covering letter why you were unable to send your biometric card and you'd send them as soon as you get the delivery. However, your wife's application does not need to reach there by Monday. It can be posted on Monday by COP. So you've got time until Monday the 24th Dec, wait for your post on Monday and then send a special delivery.

-HTH
Thanks for your reply. What does cop means. Can i post on friday special next day delivery. Do you think someone will recieve on saturday. ?

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:41 am

Close of Play. to be precise (End of Monday). Its completely upto you. But yeah they should receive it on Saturday. However, they might not open it until Monday.
What is the date of your application? (Applying by post or courier from inside the UK)
If you send your application form and application fee by post, the date of application is the date of posting. This is decided by the postmark. If the postmark is illegible or missing, the date of postage is taken as being at least 1 day before it is received by us.

If you send your application form and application fee by courier, the date of application is the date when it is delivered to our payment handling service.
Look for More Information
Skydrives, Templates

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Babajee85 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:58 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:Close of Play. to be precise (End of Monday). Its completely upto you. But yeah they should receive it on Saturday. However, they might not open it until Monday.
What is the date of your application? (Applying by post or courier from inside the UK)
If you send your application form and application fee by post, the date of application is the date of posting. This is decided by the postmark. If the postmark is illegible or missing, the date of postage is taken as being at least 1 day before it is received by us.

If you send your application form and application fee by courier, the date of application is the date when it is delivered to our payment handling service.
Look for More Information
Hi

I have received now the BRP card ,so should i send the photocopy of the BRP card or the original BRP card ?

I am still waiting for the acknowledgement letter for my dependent
application.

So should i wait for the ACK letter and then send the BRP copy as per the reference letter number.

Please guide ?

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:12 pm

Babajee85 wrote:So should i wait for the ACK letter and then send the BRP copy as per the reference letter number.
I think you have a very good reason to ring UKBA wrt your wife's application.

Tell them that you've got to send your BRP and passport and that your wife's ACK letter might've been misplaced and ask them to look into the system and provide you with her reference number. Also request them to send a duplicate copy of her ACK letter.
Skydrives, Templates

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Babajee85 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:23 am

Damanisshallo wrote:
Babajee85 wrote:So should i wait for the ACK letter and then send the BRP copy as per the reference letter number.
I think you have a very good reason to ring UKBA wrt your wife's application.

Tell them that you've got to send your BRP and passport and that your wife's ACK letter might've been misplaced and ask them to look into the system and provide you with her reference number. Also request them to send a duplicate copy of her ACK letter.
My wife has applied for visa extension as PBS Dependent of ILR holder (main applicant).BY the time she sent the application i have not received mine BRP card from UKBA. Today I received my BRP Card.

She used my ILR Approval letter with the initial application. Now should we send the original BRP card or the photocopy of the BRP card as additional document.?

She has not received the Acknowledgment letter yet too even though her application fee has been deducted and she applied on 21 Dec 2012.

So in the covering letter what Reference number should we used for sending the additional document.?

After Calling the UKBA, the lady advise me to use the wife application tracking number as Ref number and send the orginal BRP Card. But why should i get myself bound after sendign the orginal.Please advise ?

Please advise about the above two queries.

Thanks

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:07 am

They would need to see the original BRP card. However you can request them back at a later date.
UKBA wrote:Any documentary evidence that you provide should be original (unless otherwise stated).
Regarding the Reference Number, you can use the Royal Mail Tracking number.
Skydrives, Templates