ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Debate on 200k /50k funds maintenance time in abroad bank

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

la
Member of Standing

Debate on 200k /50k funds maintenance time in abroad bank

Post by la » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:43 pm

How many days 200k funds have to be in India bank account to get the tier 1 entrepreneur visa. Could you please reply at the earliest.Thanks for your help and support.
Last edited by la on Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aboora
Newly Registered

Re: How many days 200k funds have to be in India bank accoun

Post by Aboora » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:13 pm

la wrote:How many days 200k funds have to be in India bank account to get the tier 1 entrepreneur visa. Could you please reply at the earliest.Thanks for your help and support.
There is no specific period for the investment funds of £200K to be in the bank account. The statement from India is not required but a letter in the format specified from the bank is required with all the information as specified.i.e

The funds are in cash in the bank account.
The bank is regulated by the Reserve Bank of India.
The funds are transferable to UK.

However, as the UKBA is going to check the genuineness of the letter with the bank, the funds should be kept until the visa has been issued.

Also, note that some banks are mentioned as un checkable in India and UKBA does not accept letters from these banks.

la
Member of Standing

Post by la » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:15 pm

Hi Aboora,

In past did you see any refusals if funds are kept in India bank for short period (around three weeks) and apply for the visa and after that withdraw the funds from bank.

I did not see any information in UK BA policy guidance about holding the 200k funds in India Bank till application is with UK BA.For security reasons,we can not hold 200k funds in bank till application is with UK BA as we do not know how long UK BA is going to take to process visa application.

Obviously once UK BA issue the visa, we can get the 200k funds on need basis to UK and invest funds over the span of three years.

Could you please give me the url of policy guidance where UK BA mentioned about verifying the funds on the verification date than on bank letter issued date.

Others, could you please comment on this please and let me know your experience of maintaining the 200k funds for short time in abroad bank and got visas successfully or got refused.

Thanks for your help and support so far.
Last edited by la on Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hham1224

Post by hham1224 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:47 pm

la wrote:Hi Aboora,

In past did you see any refusal earlier if funds are kept in India bank for short period (around three weeks) and apply for the visa and after that withdraw the funds from bank.

I did not see any information in UK BA policy guidance about holding the 200k funds in India Bank till application is with UK BA.For security reasons,we can not hold 200k funds in bank till application is with UK BA as we do not know how long UK BA is going to take to process visa application.

Obviously once UK BA issue the visa, we can get the 200k funds on need basis to UK and invest funds over the span of three years.

Could you please give me the url of policy guidance where UK BA mentioned about verifying the funds on the verification date than on bank letter issued date.

Others, could you please comment on this please and let me know your experience of maintaining the 200k funds for short time in abroad bank and got visas successfully or got refused.

Thanks for your help and support so far.
It confuses me as I only kept my funds for 2 days (£50000) in Pakistani HSBC
branch. I agree with you there is no information in the immigration rules or the policy guidance for the number of days the funds should be kept in bank account.

I have already posted my application and the above post worries me.

Best Wishes

la
Member of Standing

Post by la » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:49 pm

Hi hham1224,

I am in similar situation like you and waiting for others to respond on this.

la
Member of Standing

Post by la » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:59 pm

Hi All,

Could you please respond to the below queries.

Could you let us know if any one applied for tier 1 entrepreneur visa by maintaining 200k / 50 k funds for short time in abroad bank and with draw the funds immediately and waiting for the result from UK BA.

Could you let us know if any one applied for tier 1 entrepreneur visa by maintaining 200k / 50 k funds for short time in abroad bank and with draw the funds immediately and got visa granted from UK BA.

Could you let us know if any one applied for tier 1 entrepreneur visa by maintaining 200k / 50 k funds for short time in abroad bank and with draw the funds immediately and visa was refused from UK BA based on unavailability of the funds on UK BA verification date than on bank letter issued date.
Last edited by la on Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

hham1224

Post by hham1224 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:10 pm

la wrote:Hi All,

Could you let us know if any one applied for tier 1 entrepreneur visa by maintaining 200k / 50 k funds for short time in abroad bank and with draw the funds immediately and waiting for the result from UK BA.

Could you let us know if any one applied for tier 1 entrepreneur visa by maintaining 200k / 50 k funds for short time in abroad bank and with draw the funds immediately and got visa granted from UK BA.

Could you let us know if any one applied for tier 1 entrepreneur visa by maintaining 200k / 50 k funds for short time in abroad bank and with draw the funds immediately and visa was refused from UK BA.

Apologies, I have just checked my bank statement my balance is kept for 30 days not 2 days.

In addition, my funds are not kept to the date of application. Would this cause any problem?

Best Wishes,

smaa228
Newly Registered

Post by smaa228 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:51 pm

hi , what documents needed from abroad(pakistan) bank for tier1 ent. from personel accounts and can i show half money here(uk) and half in pakistan for 5o k statement.
Please advise.

regrads

la
Member of Standing

Post by la » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:07 pm

Hi All,

Could you let us know if any one applied for tier 1 entrepreneur visa by maintaining 200k / 50 k funds for short time in abroad bank and with draw the funds immediately and visa was refused from UK BA based on unavailability of the funds on UK BA verification date than on bank letter issued date.

smehmood
BANNED

Post by smehmood » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:55 pm

smaa228 wrote:hi , what documents needed from abroad(pakistan) bank for tier1 ent. from personel accounts and can i show half money here(uk) and half in pakistan for 5o k statement.
Please advise.

regrads
hi

yes , u can

regards
Shaukat

Aboora
Newly Registered

Period for funds

Post by Aboora » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:34 pm

Hi all,

I have got the visa but by keeping funds until the application was decided.
In the form you sign a declaration stating that the UKBA can check with the banks you have provided proof of the funds for your application.
If they check and the bank confirms, no funds are available, where does your application stands.
The spirit of the visa is to have the funds for investment in Uk. If you cannot hold the funds in the account until investment, where is your evidence of your intention to invest.

Regards

hham1224

Re: Period for funds

Post by hham1224 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:58 pm

Aboora wrote:Hi all,

I have got the visa but by keeping funds until the application was decided.
In the form you sign a declaration stating that the UKBA can check with the banks you have provided proof of the funds for your application.
If they check and the bank confirms, no funds are available, where does your application stands.
The spirit of the visa is to have the funds for investment in Uk. If you cannot hold the funds in the account until investment, where is your evidence of your intention to invest.

Regards
I disagree with you because if you look the template in the policy guidance, the bank letter should say "on this day (day) the applicant has £xx,xxx in his account.

UKBA will confirm that specific day not the funds on the date of application.

I hope this resolve the query?

prudhvirajanil
Newly Registered

Post by prudhvirajanil » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:16 pm

I agree with u hham1224.... Investment can me made with in 3 years and no one wants to keep the liquid cash in bank account till then... it can be transfered into uk as and when required... waiting for some one to reply this post who got their visa who removed funds from their account even before they got the visa......this will really help many people.....

la
Member of Standing

Post by la » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:04 pm

Hi Smehmood,

It seems you got lot of clients handling experience which come under similar circumstances.

Could you please share your experience of clients whose funds are maintained out side UK for shorter time and got visas successfully so that this will boost confidence in new applicants.
Last edited by la on Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

sriks

Post by sriks » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:18 pm

la wrote:Hi Smehmood,

It seems you got lot of clients which come under similar circumstances.

Could you please list out their details whose funds are maintained out side UK for shorter time and got visas successfully so that this will boost confidence in new applicants.

its not professional to reveal clients details (smehmood has already mentioned this before) and dont forget Data Protection Laws

la
Member of Standing

Post by la » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:23 am

Hi sriks,

Thanks for the info . It is my mistake to mention the content in that way.

All my intention is to share Smehmood experience about his clients funds who come under similar circumstances.

smehmood
BANNED

Post by smehmood » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:11 pm

la wrote:Hi sriks,

All my intention is to share Smehmood experience about his clients funds who come under similar circumstances.
Hi Guys

At this stage i have 10 successful cases. Most of these people held their fund for under 15 days and they had successful cases. I know many peoples are advising to keep funds until you get visa, I am not saying they are wrong but to me it does not make sense to keep funds in bank for 5 months for nothing.
imagine you are running a business in a struggling economy and you have to deposit £50 K in bank and tell your clients that i have money to invest but before i can invest i have to keep them in bank for 5 months.

Regards
Shaukat

la
Member of Standing

Post by la » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:43 am

Hi Smehmood,

Thanks for the info. Could you please share any rejections of clients based on any reason including funds please. It would help new applicants who can take care of these stuff.

solomondid
United Kingdom

Post by solomondid » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:39 am

Hi all,

One of my friend in Dubai has got his Tier 1 Ent... visa, he shown money from India and only held funds for a month or so he confirmed... His funds were from three different banks one in his name and others in his fathers name. I think funds on the date of application and genuinity of statement matters.

Hope none of your visas get rejected guys my best wishes to all and Happy new year and Merry Christmas to who celebrate!

Regards,

Solomon
Solomon

Sar78
BANNED

Post by Sar78 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:57 am

smehmood wrote:
la wrote:Hi sriks,

Hi Guys

At this stage i have 10 successful cases. Most of these people held their fund for under 15 days and they had successful cases. I know many peoples are advising to keep funds until you get visa, I am not saying they are wrong but to me it does not make sense to keep funds in bank for 5 months for nothing.
imagine you are running a business in a struggling economy and you have to deposit £50 K in bank and tell your clients that i have money to invest but before i can invest i have to keep them in bank for 5 months.

Regards
Smehmood,

Did these people keep the money in a foreign bank or a UK bank?
I've been told by a number of people that if one is showing the money in a foreign bank, he/she must keep it till the visa has been issued, as the UKBA always calls up and checks whether the money is in the account.
Thanks in advance.

alex87
BANNED

Post by alex87 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:43 am

The guidance does not say that you need to keep the money in the account for a specific period of time. Therefore, I would assume that the verification checks woud focus on ascertaining the authenticity of the bank letter, not on the balance of the account on the day the check is made.

adilzia
Member of Standing

Post by adilzia » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:40 am

hi
i want to ask 1 thing frnz
Do we need to keep the money(200k) in third party account till apply?
Money(200k) shown in bank account jst for 2 days.........5 and 6 december.
Bank statement printed on 6th december.And money took out on 6th december as well.
I have applied on 11th december.
will it b a problem in verification from ukba.Coz funds(200k) were not available on the date of application submitted.?

is this fine?