ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referee Question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

themonsoonhunter

Referee Question

Post by themonsoonhunter » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:36 am

Hi Guys,

Sorry for creating another post...

Does the referee with professional standing has to be in the UK for 3 years ?
One of my referee with professional ground and non UK national was out for few months from UK, I am not sure of it is acceptable.

Does the referee with professional standing has to be in the profession for 3 years ? Just to double check ?

Thanks guys.

themonsoonhunter

Post by themonsoonhunter » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:36 am

Any clue guys ?

themonsoonhunter

Post by themonsoonhunter » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:04 am

I am trying to contact Home office, apparently there is no number I can ask these questions. I sent a mail but no respond.

Is it worth postponing the appointment ?

I do have one referee who was away from UK in the initial 3 months in the beginning of the last 3 years period.

Please help !!!

themonsoonhunter

Post by themonsoonhunter » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:37 am

I am assuming I did not get any reply because no one is sure of the answer.

This is what home office responded :

"As long as a referee meets the above requirements, then there is not a problem. If they are out of the country for a time, as long as they meet the requirements of a referee then there should not be a problem. Additionally, as far as we are aware, there is no time limit that a referee has to be in a profession, as long as the details that are presented on the application are correct at the time of applying."

Hope this helps.