ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HO's new visa statement infavour of Romania/Bulgaria

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

HSMPnUK

HO's new visa statement infavour of Romania/Bulgaria

Post by HSMPnUK » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:39 pm

Hi All,

SHOCKING NEWS!!!!!

Till now we were made to believe through media,press,HO,public that nationals from Romania and Bulgaria are not welcomed here for various reasons.

Previously it was said that there will be a limit to number of persons from Romania and Bulgaria to enter UK. Now the door is thrown open!!!!!!!!

A new change to visa rule as in www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk (dated 12 Dec 2006) means nationals from Romania and Bulgaria need not even apply for visa to enter into UK.

When you go to the above website, click the link 'Statement of Changes in Immigration Rules HC 130'. A new page will be opened which says the change is with effect from Jan 01 2007. In that click 'Statement of changes'. Again another page is opened. In that search for 'Appendix-1 Visa requirements for UK'.

HO says something and acts in a different way. If the whole excersise of visa change is to curb people from different nations to settle down in UK, then why allow Romanians & Bulgarians without visa? (Dont get me wrong if you are from Bulgaria or Romania.)

Even if you argue that visa change was brought to get more money from applicants through visa change,why then are Romanians & Bulgarians are allowed to enter UK without visa?Why cant they be made to apply for visa?

I think it is getting facial here.Then how else could you explain this biased change?

I personally feel that HO is targetting only HSMPians. They somehow or other dont want HSMPians to settle down here.No other visa category has got more stricter than HSMP.

Statement submitted in Parliament on 11 Dec 2006 & to be implemented by 01 Jan 2007. Within 20 days!!!

First it was projected that these 2 nationals will not get a free access like other EU nations. Then the whole thing is changed infavour of them.

But for people who has come through HSMP undergoing all hardships to get a job,bring family,run the family there is no certainity when HO would change HSMP rule again.

So for people who are supporting UK economically (obviously people under HSMP) it is hardship but for others it is get-loose.

Wakeup guys!!!!

What happened to the court proceedings? Any updations anyone?

Regards
HSMPnUK

Spear

Post by Spear » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:47 pm

The way I see it, they are now members of the EU so to be fair to them a visa should not be required for them to enter the UK. The work restrictions have not been lifted so nationals from Romania and Bulgaria can visit the UK without a visa (like many Commonwealth Nationals) but they cannot work or settle.

duende
Newly Registered

Post by duende » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:22 pm

And to continue...
Bulgarians and Romanians ARE now a part of EU, but these are THE ONLY two EU counties which have restrictions to work in the UK.
Also, highly skulled Bulgarians and Romanians should apply for certificate (the same as visa), confirming their highly-skilled status, and in order to qualify for this Bulgarians and Romanians should get the same points as all the initial HSMP visa applicants do: the rules are the same.
Not talking about the other working categories - Bulgarian and Romanians will need wok authorisation card or certificare for every type of work. Which is even more interesting - there are quotas, and limited number of industries selected. :?
So please don't talk about beloved in this case, because Bulgarian and Romanians should talk about this. :x

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:07 pm

Bulgarians and Romanians ARE now a part of EU, but these are THE ONLY two EU counties which have restrictions to work in the UK.
But that is how it works. A country joins the EU but for the first few years is subject to transitional provisions. And those transitional provisions work both ways, to allow for the economy of the new member to adjust to membership of the EU.

I am British. Could I just decide to move to and work in Romania or Bulgaria at this moment in time? No I could not, but when the transitional period is over, yes I shall have that right to do that, in the same way as I could now decide to move to and work in Spain or Greece.

The UK was definitely subject to transitional provisions when it joined, as did, at a later date, Spain, Portugal and Greece, for example. Were those provisions dearly beloved? Well let's just say, i have no recollection of anyone talking in those terms at the time.
John

petkanov

Situations of Bulgarians/Romanians in the UK now!

Post by petkanov » Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:42 pm

I am a BUlgarian and thats what the rules are: Bulgarians and Romaninas can enter the UK with Passport or ID card and stay and live in the UK for as long as they wish as long as they are self sufficient, they don't have to apply for permission, or notify the HO that they live here. Bulgarians and Romanians can:

Study in the UK and pay home tution
Be Self employed
Be self sufficient

For all the above 3 categories there are not any restrictions whatsover.

BG/Romaninas can work with permission, BUT there are many categories of them that are exempt, meaning they can work whatever whenever they want.

The EU accession treaty allows for transitional period for people on labor contracts, but BUlgarians and Romanians still have urestricted freedom of movement in the UK and the whole of EU for all other categories.

To the first poster that said it is shocking news, no it isn't, because that was in the EU accession treaty, and EU law supersedes british migration law, so there is nothing new or shocking about the situation.

By the way there have been very few people from Romania and Bulgaria coming to the UK, most of them clearly have stated that the UK is not a country they would like to go and live.