ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mutilated (bent/damaged) Certificate of Registration

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nnj10

Mutilated (bent/damaged) Certificate of Registration

Post by nnj10 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:25 pm

Today I received the BC - Registration certificate for my child (under Section 1(3)).

The envelope it came in; as well as all the contents of the envelope were very mutilated. The physical damage to certificate is towards top right hand corner, where the paper is almost teared-off, albeit there is no text in that area and also the right side of the paper from top to bottom is almost folded (may be by the royal mail staff), so has a number of crease.

I am slightly annoyed that even though Home Office mention in the accompanying leaflet to take good care of certificate; they themselves do not send it out in a proper padded envelope.

Is there anything that I can do now, i.e. ask Home Office to provide another certificate (of course without having to pay £75 fees for the duplicate certificate and the accompanying hassle)?
Information and/or advice provided by me is of general nature and is not intended to substitute for informed professional legal or other professional advice.

barnaby

Re: Mutilated (bent/damaged) Certificate of Registration

Post by barnaby » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:21 pm

Does it matter? Does anyone (need to) keep the certificate after using it to obtain a passport?

Ted

Re: Mutilated (bent/damaged) Certificate of Registration

Post by Ted » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:34 am

nnj10 wrote: The envelope it came in; as well as all the contents of the envelope were very mutilated. The physical damage to certificate is towards top right hand corner, where the paper is almost teared-off, albeit there is no text in that area and also the right side of the paper from top to bottom is almost folded (may be by the royal mail staff), so has a number of crease.
Why dont you contact the postal company and explain this to them and ask them to pay compensation to you to enable you to replace this item.

Go to the small claims court :cry:

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:21 am

I know it's Royal Mail's fault but I would suggest you return the certificate. I had a similar issue with my son's passport and I called IPS and explained to them that one corner of the lamination page seemed to be damaged during the process of printing.

They advised me to return the passport (which I did using Royal Mail Special Delivery) and I got a fresh passport after just 2 days.