ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Queries regarding Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ambitions_high

Queries regarding Spouse Visa

Post by ambitions_high » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:43 am

Hello Everyone,

I am on a Tier 1 (G) visa getting married in March next year. I will be eligible for my ILR in February. My fiance is on a PSW which is expiring by the end of April. I have couple of queries if anyone can take some time to answer please:-

a> Can my fiance apply for a dependant visa from UK after our marriage or will she have to apply from our home country?
b> Will it be better for me to have my ILR first before applying for her dependant visa or she can apply on my Tier 1(G) visa (which will expire in mid 2014)?
c> Do we have to register our marriage in UK for her to apply dependent visa or will our home country marriage certificate be fine?

Thanks for your valuable time in answering my queries.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:17 am

On what basis will you be applying for ilr?

ambitions_high

Post by ambitions_high » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:30 am

Hi Greenie,

Thanks - I will be applying my ILR on the basis of completing my 5 years working in UK. I came in as HSMP (post Dec 2006) and then extended to Tier 1 (G) but had to go for a second extension as I arrived late in UK.

ambitions_high

Post by ambitions_high » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:28 am

Morning,

Can someone advise please.

Thanks,

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:06 am

A) if you wait until you have ilr she can apply in country. If she applies before your ilr she will have to apply from her home country.
,b) it depends on whether you meet the financial requirements for the spouse of a settled person category. If you do then this option is easier as you don't need to delay your ilr and she doesn't need to leave the UK to apply.
C) as long as the marriage is recognised in the country where it took place it will be recognised in the UK.