ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel on temp passport while Tier 2 visa being processed

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nickc
Newly Registered

Travel on temp passport while Tier 2 visa being processed

Post by nickc » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:58 am

My application for a Tier 2 (General) visa is currently processing with UKBA. I would like to leave the UK to go home for the holidays on a second (temporary) passport.

While I am away, my current visa will expire, but my new Tier 2 visa will be finished processing by the time I want to come back to the UK. I intend to have my new biometrics card posted to me overseas before I enter the UK again.

If I leave the country on another passport will it invalidate my visa application?

Thank you to anybody able to offer assistance. :)

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Travel on temp passport while Tier 2 visa being processe

Post by makky86 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:42 pm

nickc wrote:My application for a Tier 2 (General) visa is currently processing with UKBA. I would like to leave the UK to go home for the holidays on a second (temporary) passport.

While I am away, my current visa will expire, but my new Tier 2 visa will be finished processing by the time I want to come back to the UK. I intend to have my new biometrics card posted to me overseas before I enter the UK again.

If I leave the country on another passport will it invalidate my visa application?

Thank you to anybody able to offer assistance. :)

* What do you mean by Temporary passport ? I have not heard of such thing. You can have only one valid passpor unless you are dual national.

nickc
Newly Registered

Post by nickc » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:33 pm

A temporary (or emergency) passport can be issued by my embassy on an urgent basis to enable travel. Some people also have second passports if they travel frequently on business. You don't have to just be a dual citizen...

karthiktr

Post by karthiktr » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:07 pm

nickc wrote:A temporary (or emergency) passport can be issued by my embassy on an urgent basis to enable travel. Some people also have second passports if they travel frequently on business. You don't have to just be a dual citizen...
Hi nic,
I cant answer your question but i need some help from you. I applied my tier 2 general on nov 29th ...and my marriage got fixed on feb 19th and feb 20th. I dont know before this day will i get my passport or not. So just wanna know how to apply temporary passport and hw long it will take if we apply??...Please reply me
Loads of thanks

With regards,
Karthik

nickc
Newly Registered

Post by nickc » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:39 pm

karthiktr wrote:
nickc wrote:A temporary (or emergency) passport can be issued by my embassy on an urgent basis to enable travel. Some people also have second passports if they travel frequently on business. You don't have to just be a dual citizen...
Hi nic,
I cant answer your question but i need some help from you. I applied my tier 2 general on nov 29th ...and my marriage got fixed on feb 19th and feb 20th. I dont know before this day will i get my passport or not. So just wanna know how to apply temporary passport and hw long it will take if we apply??...Please reply me
Loads of thanks

With regards,
Karthik
This should help: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... &start=180

karthiktr

Post by karthiktr » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:14 pm

nickc wrote:
karthiktr wrote:
Hi nic,
Loads of thanks

With regards,
Karthik
This should help: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... &start=180

Hi nic,
yeah i know about this topic. By seeing this only i got little hope that evrything ill go fine by the end of jan.
anyway ill c....
with regards,
Karthik

ann771

Post by ann771 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:08 pm

Hi Nickc, what happened then- were you allowed to travel on your temporary passport?

Jeeves

Post by Jeeves » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:41 pm

Section 3C(3) of the 1971 Immigration Act states that 3C leave will cease to apply if the applicant leaves the UK - so if you last visa has already expired you cannot travel without your case being withdrawn.

I would not be surprised if some other rule withdraws an application if you were to travel - even if you were not covered by 3C - although I can't say definitively that there is such a rule.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1971/77/section/3C

PurpleCow
Newly Registered

Post by PurpleCow » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:50 pm

Very curious to see how this all played out...were you able to travel Nick? I'm in a similar situation.

Jeeves, thanks for the link to the legislation page for the UK. What is not clear to me from it (the jargon is a bit much for me) is that, can you travel whilst your application is being considered but your current visa has NOT expired? Was having a hard time navigating the website you linked to in order to sort this out.

Thanks!