ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bachelor's degree taught in English language (Osmania Univ)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

srikp

Bachelor's degree taught in English language (Osmania Univ)

Post by srikp » Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:42 am

Is there anybody in this forum who has studied their degree from Osmania University and got the letter from it saying that their Bachelor's degree was taught in English language? Or, anyone who has initiated the process?

Please share your experience.

freebirds

Post by freebirds » Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:05 pm

go to www.osmania univ web site. or go to controller of exams. pay 150 fee for medium of instruction certificate. submit ur orig .degree + marks sheet of degree and a formal letter. u shld get it in ten days.
i got it in 10 days.

srikp

Post by srikp » Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:12 am

Thank you for the information, freebirds.
I will get started on it.

zyx2007
Newly Registered

hi freebirds

Post by zyx2007 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:24 am

Hi freebirds,

You said that you got the certificate mentioning like "medium of instruction through out the course was in english" or the "medium of course was taught in english". But when my cousin (who is in india) went to the controller of exams for the letter they issued only like "passed in 1 div through english medium". They denied to give a letter with what i expected. I am confused now how did you succeed in getting the letter. Please give me some suggessions. I am in the UK i cant go to uni for it now.

Cheers,
Zyx.

funny_009

Post by funny_009 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:09 pm

Hi freebird, have you taken IELTS or only letter from university,

i have done my graduation from Kakathiya university and Masters from osmania, as a proof for englist i have sent my degree convacation and letter from university, please advise,

Regards
Funny_009

freebirds

Post by freebirds » Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:57 am

hi all,

i got standard medium of instuction from osmania uni..
it has the same content as u all had..thru english medium

i fought with everyone in the uni..shouted literally at everyone that i want in the way mentioned in the guidance. they said take this or f... off

i had to shut my a.. and come back with what they gave...

i prayed god a lot and sent the same..to HO...

controller of examinations told me, us and uk guys take the name of this certificate and reject..but there would be someother reason which they dont disclose to u...
so if they reject there is no mention of designation of signatory on the payslips...it really doesnt mean so...there could be something else..

hehe...sorry for the language i used..but i really got pissed off guys...the way the ou guys responded...i tell there is a guy who sits in the examination branch...to give tokens to meet the officials...i shouted like it reverberated the whole hall..there was another guy who came to ask for medium of instruction like me...for HSMP and this token is not at all responding...i gave him a.. treatment..

funny_009

Post by funny_009 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:00 am

Hi Freebird,

Thanks for the info

zyx2007
Newly Registered

Thanks mate

Post by zyx2007 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:07 pm

Freebird,

Thanks mate. Even my brother also tried a lot still failed to get it. But when i called HO on this, one person said that letter from college is fine if it contains like " this college is affiliated to OU" and one person says letter from awarding body is must. I dont know who to believe. :¬(

But what i believe is IELTS is always perferable.

Cheers,
Suresh

rasinrdj

BCom Vocational from Osmania University

Post by rasinrdj » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:10 pm

Hi friends,
I have done BCom (Vocational) from Anwar-Ul-Uloom college, I have received the degree from Osmania and on the degree it sates Bachelor of Commerce (Vocational). I know from these forums that BCom from osmania is considered UK Bachelors equivalent my doubt is BCom (Vocational) also considered equal? Somebody please help, I have prepared all the documents also got letter from Osmania regarding medium of instruction, just waiting for this slight clarification. I have done MBA so I am showing BCom only as a proof of english and not claiming any points from it.

Thanks & Regards,

sham111

Post by sham111 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:52 am

I got the one for medium of instruction in 2002 as i was then about to apply to german universities.

So i got it without hassel. Even the convenor told me that your are the first person asking for such type of letter and called his secretary and instructed him to make it. He also told to the secretary that till now no one came with such request before if some of comes for it now then we have to issue it and make available to others in future.

I got it with Osmania University official letter head , signature of convenor and round big seal.

It clearly mentions that you have studied this degree passed sucessfully and entire course was taught in english medium which is as per the HSMP guidelines.

Now i am using the same for HSMP.

regards,
S

sparo
Newly Registered

Post by sparo » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:45 am

hi guys,
the letter thats issued by OU is valid and u can apply & stay safe. i got my approval with the same letter. no ielts/toefl etc.
hope this helps! :)
sparo