ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice needed

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Akin
Newly Registered

Advice needed

Post by Akin » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:07 pm

Last edited by Akin on Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:22 pm

Currently you have overstayed your visit by about six months. Having a two year visit visa does not mean you can spend two years in the UK. You are limited to no more than six months out of twelve in rotation. You can apply to marry and then you can stay legally in the UK, but until that time you are liable to enforcement action.

Akin
Newly Registered

Post by Akin » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:55 pm

thanks for your reply, are you saying we can marry here in the uk?
and thank you for the clarification.
pls advice me

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:01 pm

Your best option would have been to go home and marry your polish wife there and then enter the UK with your visitors visa, which is perfectly legal, and apply for a residence card.

At this moment, you are not in the UK legally, you are not in a durable relationship that has lasted for a period of time, or there are children involved. All this makes your position precarious.

It would be unsafe to register a marriage in the UK, as you will be in an extremely vulnerable position.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

mobismome

Post by mobismome » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:42 pm

hi akin you can get married in the uk if you like it has nothing to do with your immigration status what is needed from you is your valid passport etc, but like obie said it might be unsafe because if ukba get you before the marriage ceremony they will deport you.

if you want to marry here look for a marriage registry that is not busy/popular you should be fine.

Akin
Newly Registered

Post by Akin » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:31 pm

Thanks guys for all your concern and l particularly want to appreciate how you guys here tackle issues.........God bless you loads.

updates:
our solicitor says we should approach the registry to see if we can be allow to wed here, he said the registry should allow us to marry here.But our plan B is in case we are not allowed.....then we plan to go to my country to do the wedding then come back on my visitors visa.

my question now is : can l come back after the marriage in my country to apply for RC here in the uk?
What are my chances?

Thanks Guys.

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:01 pm

Akin wrote:Thanks guys for all your concern and l particularly want to appreciate how you guys here tackle issues.........God bless you loads.

updates:
our solicitor says we should approach the registry to see if we can be allow to wed here, he said the registry should allow us to marry here.But our plan B is in case we are not allowed.....then we plan to go to my country to do the wedding then come back on my visitors visa.

my question now is : can l come back after the marriage in my country to apply for RC here in the uk?
What are my chances?

Thanks Guys.
Yes you can come back on visitor visa then apply for RC(5 years visa) while you holding your visitor visa.
Applied for EEA4 on 24/02/2012.
HO received on 27/02/2012.
Refusal received on 16/08/2012 dated 11/08/2012
At the court, the HO REP withdrawn the decision and asked me to send the DOC for the time before marriage.
PR dated 05/03/2013

Akin
Newly Registered

Post by Akin » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:20 pm

...........we shall be approaching the Registry on Tuesday to see the possibility of doing it here.will keep the house informed.
Btw: if we are able to get married here in the uk ........ can l apply for RC here in the uk while holding my visitor visa?

IyaCiara

Post by IyaCiara » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:50 pm

If you manage to get married here then you can apply for your residence card from here also.

Akin
Newly Registered

Post by Akin » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:58 pm

Last edited by Akin on Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:15 pm

if they do turn up, ensure you file for breach of your right to marriage and ensure you make them well aware of the fact that they are breaching your human rights to marriage!

I hope it all goes well for you! but bear this in mind: if it does go south. your future spouse can join you in any country to legally marry you, and you can then return with them. just ensure you have all documents etc proving the marriage is genuine.

Akin
Newly Registered

Post by Akin » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:56 pm

Thanks bro

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:43 am

Akin wrote:Thanks bro
just remember, until your married, you are not the family member of an EEA national... therefore freemovement rights wont apply - im not sure how france / ireland etc treat durable relationship...

just be careful, as they may suspect a sham marriage,.. you always see news about X in court after raid on registry office. etc

Akin
Newly Registered

Post by Akin » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:53 am

//
Last edited by Akin on Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Akin
Newly Registered

Post by Akin » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:44 pm

Last edited by Akin on Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:41 pm

Akin wrote:updates;
we did our marriage today good people.................we are very happy that all went well.
l want to thank the members of this forum.
God bless.
congratulations...

Like i said before, Although the burden of proof is on UKBA in sham marriages etc... it might be wise to include supporting evidence of your relationship in your EEA2 application (to help avoid any further delays that you will obviously recieve anyway)

Akin
Newly Registered

Post by Akin » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:03 pm

Last edited by Akin on Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OLUMUYIWA
- thin ice -

Post by OLUMUYIWA » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:04 am

[quote="Akin"]thanks wiggsy ,however, ukba are welcome to invite or investigate our mrriage because it is not a sham.
what is the next step for us now?[/quote]

Hello Akin, I want to congratulate you ...Happy Married Life ! I am happy for you .

Can i ask you ...did you have any valid visa in your passport when you went to give notice of marriage? Did the registrar ask you what your visa status was ?

Also what other questions did they ask you when you went to give notice ?

I ask because i am in the same boat as you , in fact we have already booked an appointment to give notice at the registry.

Akin
Newly Registered

Post by Akin » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:07 pm

Last edited by Akin on Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:19 pm

Akin wrote:
Answer:
not much questions but you and your spouse will be interview separately, they will ask for your full names and address, Date of birth,where you work, these are questions they will ask you and you spouse, but your spouse will go in first.
you must take along proof of address, passports
l think that is all..............................the purpose of the interview is to determine if your relationship is TRUE.
i dont remember doing that first time round (in registry office) or when i married my spouse now (church)

although we did have two long chats the last time (together - one with our vicar, who knew us, and one with the solicitor for the bishops common license...) but we had a daughter together already, so it was obvious we were commited already.