ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Postage delay

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Lavozdj
Newly Registered

Postage delay

Post by Lavozdj » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:43 pm

Hi to everyone,
I have a question, maybe someone can help me out. I have sent my sons MN1 application yesterday the 19th of Dec via special guaranteed next day delivery by 1PM. My sons residency(EEA family member) visa expiring today the 20th Dec. I have track the mail and found out that my applications has not been delivered! My son was born here and live here ever since, almost 7 years. How that would effect his status and the actual application process?
If that comes under question I still have a proof that the application was sent before visa expired!
Please if someone could advice!
Thanks
M.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:36 pm

There is no issue here.

First, you son doesn't have a visa but a Residence Card which is not even mandatory to apply for (application under EEA regulations are optional). The dates on a Residence Card have no affect on your legal status in the UK so if one expires, it doesn't make you illegal.

Second, for applications for Registration for children born in the UK, the child current immigration status has no affect on the application.

Lavozdj
Newly Registered

Post by Lavozdj » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:02 pm

Hi

Many thanks for the replay. Quiet a relief! I will post with the info how all this ended up!

Take care

jms_uk
- thin ice -

Post by jms_uk » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:34 am

Also, if your Special Delivery parcel hasn't been delivered by the guaranteed time, you are entitled to the refund.