ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Amendments on 16 July 2012 for dual nationals(British n EEA)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

khan.789
Pakistan

Amendments on 16 July 2012 for dual nationals(British n EEA)

Post by khan.789 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:49 am

Well this thread hopefully help so many people they confused because of the changes in immigration rules on 16/07/2012.
I want to invite all the people they have confusions or questions regarding their immigration status,probably your discussion can helpful for others,let I begin,the question or confusion can be just say the people they have applied EEA1 before 16/07/2012,will be granted with EEA3(PR) after their period of 5 years residency will be finished? or as non EU some one would be thinking if he applied before 16/07/2012,will he be granted with EEA4(PR).
People they have experienced sort of situation or have knowledge about this scenarios please come and share your experience and knowledge to the people they are experiencing and need your help.many thanks.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:31 am

I fail to see why a British (dual) national would apply for a residence document (EEA1/3) but his family member's experience should not be different than any other EEA applications. There are several threads following those timelines and experiences.

khan.789
Pakistan

Post by khan.789 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:20 pm

Well good question jambo,you must be thinking this bit is non sense,lets put sense.
Well my wife she is dual national too and she has to chose one nationality before she turns 21 years old which means she has to give up one of her nationality,in current situation we are in we have to renounce her British,after we renounce British i want her to apply for eea 1 or eea 4 she is been in uk more than 5 years and started working around 2years ago as she was British and eea national alrehen we appled for eea2.we want to keep her eea nationality for long time because of eea 4, this is the reason why i said that, if some is in same situation as me or just i have this unique luck.
Hope answer the question.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:15 am

khan.789 wrote:Well my wife she is dual national too and she has to chose one nationality before she turns 21 years old which means she has to give up one of her nationality,in current situation we are in we have to renounce her British
She is British and what else? Why does she have to renounce a citizenship?

khan.789
Pakistan

Post by khan.789 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:40 pm

British and Danish and according to Danish law a person can't keep dual nationality after 21 years old.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:21 pm

So presumably she was born in the UK to a Brit and a Dane, or something like that.

Why do you think she needs to decide at 21? That suggests she has never lived in Denmark and has not visited often.

http://www.nyidanmark.dk/en-us/coming_t ... ically.htm
Association with Denmark could be military service, a long-term folk high school course or other educational course, or repeated long holidays.

In practice, stays totalling at least 1 year will always be deemed to be sufficient for the retention of Danish nationality.

khan.789
Pakistan

Post by khan.789 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:46 am

Oh well i think i miss understood thanks for such helpful info,my wife stayed in Denmark around 6 years,you are right she was born in uk and after a year later moved to Denmark she been going for private schooling in Denmark.
So in my wife case she can keep danish and British rest of the life?also there is one more reason we want to give up her British which is,first i want to tell i have eea 2 resident permit,according to new amendments on 16/07/2012,when i will apply for my eea 4 i have to say that she got British nationality but the problem is she never worked or been self employed in Denmark or any other Europe country apart from uk,my question is won't it make any problem for eea 4?
I know there is transitional arrangement for the applicants like me but eea 4 forms ask all details of dual nationals,case worker won't reject my application?
Tanks for your time directive,i will look forward to hearing back from you.

bombo
Newly Registered

Post by bombo » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:13 am

khan.789 wrote:Oh well i think i miss understood thanks for such helpful info,my wife stayed in Denmark around 6 years,you are right she was born in uk and after a year later moved to Denmark she been going for private schooling in Denmark.
So in my wife case she can keep danish and British rest of the life?also there is one more reason we want to give up her British which is,first i want to tell i have eea 2 resident permit,according to new amendments on 16/07/2012,when i will apply for my eea 4 i have to say that she got British nationality but the problem is she never worked or been self employed in Denmark or any other Europe country apart from uk,my question is won't it make any problem for eea 4?
I know there is transitional arrangement for the applicants like me but eea 4 forms ask all details of dual nationals,case worker won't reject my application?
Tanks for your time directive,i will look forward to hearing back from you.
well khan i am french and british but it didnt stop my non eea partner from applying for eea4

khan.789
Pakistan

Post by khan.789 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:30 pm

Well bombo it doesn't stop you to apply it but i can say its a kind of trap.
When did you apply!?have you got PR?