ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling with citizenship(registration) certificate

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ykemal
Newly Registered

Travelling with citizenship(registration) certificate

Post by ykemal » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:46 am

Hi,

I would like to ask you a query about my baby's naturalization. Yesterday (20.12.2012) I applied naturalization for him via NCS to get citizenship certificate(registration certificate). But now my wife and the baby has to go to Turkey. Baby's visa expires at 2nd of January.

Is it possible if his citizenship certificate arrives in my UK home address while he is in Turkey and I post it to Turkey and then he enters to UK by using the certificate?

Thanks very much for your help.

psb

Post by psb » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:57 am

The problem would be at the check in desk in Turkey, the airline staff must ensure that he has a valid passport and a visa for the UK. A certificate of naturalisation is not a travel document. So he may be refused boarding.

I am not a moderator, wait for a better response or a confirmation of the above.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:59 am

What is the baby nationality? Does he require a visa to travel to the UK? If he does, how would he get on a flight without a visa?

If you can get to the border, he would probably be fine but getting to the border is the difficult part.

ykemal
Newly Registered

Post by ykemal » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:22 pm

Hi,

He is Turkish and he is holding a Turkish passport. What my solicitor said is that he can not travel unless he has British passport and he added that he can apply for British passport from Turkey once the registration certificate (MN1 application is done) is delivered to my UK home address and I post it to Turkey. He said it is possible to apply for British passport in any country even though the naturalization application is done within UK.

I hope my solicitor is right.

If the British passport application is made abroad (in Turkey), how many weeks will it take to receive the passport?

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=80618

In the above link, all the processing times are for applications done within UK. I would like to learn how much delay will happen if I make the application abroad?

Regards.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:58 pm

Your solicitor is right.

It takes longer to get a passport abroad. Can take upto 6 weeks although I suspect it is normally less.

See Passport from Turkey.

ykemal
Newly Registered

Post by ykemal » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:13 pm

Thanks very much for the prompt reply.

One last question:

Does he have to be in UK when I apply for british passport for my baby? May be he can stay in Turkey while I am here. Once I receive his citizenship certificate, I can apply for british passport from UK?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:50 pm

A passport application should be made in the country the applicant is physically present.