ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) for my wife on individual Tier1

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

s_a_n

FLR(M) for my wife on individual Tier1

Post by s_a_n » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:46 pm

Hello Friends,

Me and my wife are on individual Tier1 visas. I am eligible to apply for PR in Jan2013 and my wife in Aug2013. Due to few reasons, my wife cannot be here in July/August and I thought I will apply for FLR(M) for her.

My question is:

Do I need to first get my PR and then apply for FLR(M) on a later date for her?

or

Can I apply for FLR(M) (along with me) when I apply for my PR? If this is possible, should I choose Set(O) + 1 dependent while booking online PEO?

Regards,

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: FLR(M) for my wife on individual Tier1

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:58 pm

Your notion of her being added to your SET(O) application is not viable or appropriate. She needs to file a separate application on a different form.

It is possible to apply in series by post - your SET(O), her FLR(M) bundled into one envelope - and request that her application be considered after yours is approved. But it's not easy as it requires careful treatment to cross-reference the paperwork. Applying after your application has been granted is much easier.
If successful, she will be entering a period of five years before she is entitled for ILR herself.

s_a_n

Post by s_a_n » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:50 pm

Thank you very much for the response...

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:13 pm

Is your wife eligible for ilr in her own right in august? If so then applying on FLR(M) makes no sense as she will have to spend another 5 years in the UK before being eligible for ilr.

sreepujari

Post by sreepujari » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:36 pm

Hi Greenie,

Are you saying when you apply for FLR(M) your qualification period will start from there ?

In my case I recently got my ILR and my wife is going to be eligible for ILR in May 2013. I am going to apply for her FLR (M) in Jan 2013.

Regards,
Sree P

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:04 pm

sreepujari wrote:In my case I recently got my ILR and my wife is going to be eligible for ILR in May 2013. I am going to apply for her FLR (M) in Jan 2013.
...because your wife's immigration status was as your dependant before you gained ILR. In this case under discussion here the wife's status is an independent PBS migrant and so she must follow the same conditions as the spouse of any other settled resident or citizen who is applying for settlement for the first time. She enters a probationary period of five years residence and then may apply for ILR after that.

sreepujari

Post by sreepujari » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:35 am

Hi Lucapooka/Greenie,

Can you please advice me on my situation here ?

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 305#753305

sreepujari

Post by sreepujari » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:43 pm

Hi Lucapooka/Greenie,

Please advice me .