ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

when to do passport before marriage or after ?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SAMISPOUSAL
India

when to do passport before marriage or after ?

Post by SAMISPOUSAL » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:52 pm

if i tell my fiance to get her passport done now in india, before our intended marriage in 5 months time, then it will be in her maiden name ....but will save time...

or shall we wait to get married and then apply for her passport and then apply for spousal visa? that will cause a delay ....

what shall we do? obviously we cant bear to be oceans apart any longer than necessary
British man sponsoring Indian wife.Application Pune --Mumbai 18 DEC 2013 Requested further info 27 01 2014

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:08 pm

jalebi

Post by jalebi » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:23 pm

Personally I'd say wait until you get married, it just makes it easier and simpler for you and the officer making your decision. A delay of a couple of weeks is nothing compared to months of waiting :wink:
Sis-in-law..
2 May 2012 : English test Results
4 July 2012 @ Mirpur : Submitted Spouse Visa
17 July 2012 : Under process at BHC
20 November 2012 : Received RFC
21 November 2012 : Visa approved
Dec 2012 : Arrived in England