ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help with Naturalization application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Alish60

Help with Naturalization application

Post by Alish60 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:22 am

Hi everyone, I am new here and hope everyone is in best of health here.
I have an appointment with local NCS, have been married to a British Citizen, and now we are separated and have no contact. she knows I'm going to apply for BC, she is abroad at the moment, therefore I wont be having her passport on the date of appointment.
All I have is a certified copy of her passport's first page, and her original Naturalization certificate plus the rest of documents.
when I had a callback from NCS, I asked them about this fact and he said as long as the copy is certified, it shouldn't be a problem.
I have got 2 questions now:
1.Does anyone know about this or had same problem?
2.the certified copy I have is signed and stamped by the solicitor and "TRUE COPY" is written on there, is that enough to certify a copy?
Thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:33 am

Her naturalisation certificate is enough even without the certified copy of the passport. Certified copy of the passport alone is also enough.

Alish60

Post by Alish60 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:44 am

Jambo wrote:Her naturalisation certificate is enough even without the certified copy of the passport. Certified copy of the passport alone is also enough.
Thanks for the reply, what do you exactly mean? enough for NCS? so they do accept the certified copy? you mean Naturalization certificate on its own is good enough?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:42 am

Alish60 wrote:so they do accept the certified copy?
Yes.
you mean Naturalization certificate on its own is good enough?
Yes. To prove your partner's British nationality you can use a passport (certified copy is OK) OR UK birth certificate OR naturalisation certificate.