ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visas applying from india

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sampraja
Newly Registered

UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visas applying from india

Post by sampraja » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:21 pm

hi,
im currently on tier 4 student and i been working as a web designer and networking part time. but in jan 2012 i received my visa but it was no work visa so i didn't work at all from jan and been studying but i cant carry on like this so i decided to change my status to UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur). just before i was about to apply, on 13th all rules are changed so i guess i have to go back and apply from india. i have been here in uk from last 8 years n 5 months and i have just 1 year and 7 months to finish my 10 years legal stay. i have my tier 4 visa till feb 2014 but i have stopped going to my college for second year and its been a month now. so if i go to india for like 5 months and apply for my visa, is my 10 years are valid? or they will make an issue of me not going to college and thus that visa wont be counted in my 10 years stay. plz i need advice because i booked my ticket and i am about to apply from india in end of feb 2013. thanks so much

butt4all
Newly Registered

Post by butt4all » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:57 pm

if your college report to ukba then might be problem for u .
there is some questions for u

did your college suspend you ?
did they withdraw your sponsor ?

if your ans is no .

then u can do this with in 6 months

u have to apply with in 6 month u live the uk and u have to get the visa with in same time period if u late they no gona count remaning time

good luck

smehmood
BANNED

Re: UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visas applying from india

Post by smehmood » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:24 pm

sampraja wrote:hi,
im currently on tier 4 student and i been working as a web designer and networking part time. but in jan 2012 i received my visa but it was no work visa so i didn't work at all from jan and been studying but i cant carry on like this so i decided to change my status to UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur). just before i was about to apply, on 13th all rules are changed so i guess i have to go back and apply from india. i have been here in uk from last 8 years n 5 months and i have just 1 year and 7 months to finish my 10 years legal stay. i have my tier 4 visa till feb 2014 but i have stopped going to my college for second year and its been a month now. so if i go to india for like 5 months and apply for my visa, is my 10 years are valid? or they will make an issue of me not going to college and thus that visa wont be counted in my 10 years stay. plz i need advice because i booked my ticket and i am about to apply from india in end of feb 2013. thanks so much

Hi

Best thing is continue your college.

SET (O) can not be apply from India.

Why you wants to go to india for 5 months any specific reason and which visa you will use to come into UK as you said you are not going to college and in this case i do,nt think you will be able to come on same visa.

you have a complex case you should seek professional advise.

Regards
Shaukat

entreprenuer11
- thin ice -

Post by entreprenuer11 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:18 am

Hi
If you leave UK permanently and apply for a Tier 1 entry clearance than your 10 year long stay will be effected. You will not be able to apply on the basis of continuous stay.

smehmood
BANNED

SET(O)

Post by smehmood » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:25 pm

Hi

If your visa is valid when you are leaving UK and get entry clearance within 6 month and land in uk within 6 month of leaving UK than continuous residence is not broken.

Regards
Shaukat

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:22 pm

Totally Agreed with smehmood and also check the policy guidance for long term residency as there is also some restriction of total number of days you spend outside the uk in whole 10 years.

regards

Rehan