ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 ext (self employed) - no tax returns ever! Pls Help!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

high_aimer

Tier 1 ext (self employed) - no tax returns ever! Pls Help!!

Post by high_aimer » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:39 pm

Hi all,

I need to apply for my Tier 1 (G) Extension by 13th of January and please help me with the following questions for my self employed earnings part

1. Even though I am registered as a self employed for last 3 years (got UTR), I never submitted any tax returns.
2. Hence never paid any NI contributions either

Can you please guide as how can I rectify these problems before 13th?

Many thanks

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:09 pm

you will need to be up to date with NI & taxes before you send your application else it will surely be rejected

Call HMRC & ask them to send you the NI bill for the entire period and talk to an accountant for your taxes which you will have to pay with penalty before you apply
Manka

goodmann

Tax Return Essential?

Post by goodmann » Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:16 am

@Manka10, please do think submitting a tax return is a must? Clearing NIContibution bills may be easy, but paying accrued tax may not in view of the amount one needs to declare as profit or net income to meet ukba income threshold. .

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:53 pm

I was talking about tax in arrears whose dealine has already passed, not the tax for current financial year

as i said earlier, your entire tax history will be checked be it NI or income tax
Manka